“Some Information That Has To Be Told”

Bel Air Plantation Resort
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Hi everyone: It is with MUCH sadness that I inform people that Susan Fisher, the owner of Bel Air Plantation, passed away suddenly in June. She was my BEST friend and also like a sister to me. The resort had been closed for almost 2 years; I do not know why this website is still up; I hope soon it will be taken down. And I also hope someone will purchase this beautiful place and carry on the tradition of a beautiful and classy resort that Susan worked so hard to maintain. R.I.P. my dearest friend, Susan Fisher!!!

Janice Wojcik
Somerset, NJ
USA

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
14  Thank Janice W

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Hello everyone
I don't know if this is my place to say this but as no one from Bel Air has informed people I think I ought to let you know about this beautiful place and its fantastic owner Susan with partner
I am afraid to say with the deepest sadness that Susan's partner Fred passed away very suddenly and the resort has been closed
I truly felt that Bel Air with the staff and owners was paradise and for anyone who has been there I'm sure they will agree
I wish Susan well and would like to thank everybody who worked there for making it the most special and amazing place

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank 484Charlie
Reviewed 7 March 2013

On a very recent visit to Grenada, we were disappointed to find that the Water's edge restaurant was closed. The whole area was becoming overgrown as it must have been closed down for a year or more. We had enjoyed our visit there on previous visits 4 and ore years ago. Unfortunately it is still in the guide books and leaflets published by the tourist organizations so we had drive down a narrow road there and back.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank IanElder
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We've stayed at this hotel two years on the trot and had wonderful experiences both times. Each accommodation is a small bungalow with great views over St Davids bay. Bedroom, bathroom- ours had a 2 person jacuzzi, Kitchen /dining area and balcony give spacious accommodation and ability to self cater. Great restaurant and bar which I would recommend but be sure to ask if this facility is open at the time of year that you book. Staff are very friendly and efficient ensuring that you have all that you need. A great escape, a place to relax and enjoy a massage from the list of treatments and enjoy exploring Grenada too. Ideal for Yachting enthusiasts as located next to Grenada marine Boat Yard. We will return!

Room Tip: All rooms are unique speak with the owner to book the best choice for you.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Allgoodthyngs
Reviewed 15 December 2011

We spent half off our honeymoon here the last two weeks of November 2011. We had been sailing on a charter for 8 days and landed up at Bel Air for Thanksgiving week because my sister had hauled out at the marina up the road. I was expecting a luxury resort with a restaurant/bar etc. I was disappointed :( It was a long trip from the ferry in St. George's. When we arrived we found out the restaurant and bar were not open at all and half of the cottages were not open. They moved my sister froma two-bedroom villa to two one bedroom cottages and we had an adjacent cottage. We had a two-burner stove and microwave, but the closest grocery store was a $30 cab ride away. We had not rented a car, planning on eating at their restaurant. SO.....no food, no transportation, no beach (30 minute hke to LaSagesse was a litttle much for me physically). Pool was full, but did not circulate.....Chairs at the pool were moldy and in poor repair, one umbrella (nasty, dirty). Day we arrived there was an unhappy family on dead frogs in the pool :(. YOu can see that was was once a beautiful place...how sad. On Thanksgiving day, my sister cooked in her Villa and the water main to the area blew....it turned out to be a Nationa Lampoon's vacation story. I would definitely call there and double check before you go and see if anything was going to be open.....Not the honeymoon I dreamed off!!!! Think they would have at least given a discount for ZERO amenities!!! Oh....don't let the Direct TV dishes fool you...there is NO TV, no telephone.....and the A/C in the bedroom wall of our unit barely worked.....only cooled the one room at night.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank JMCGIVNEY
Reviewed 26 July 2011

My family of three stayed in a two bedroom villa again this year. This is our third or fourth time at this resort. The villas are gorgeous individual cottages, wonderfully stocked with everything you need. The kitchen is fabulous, as is the interior decor. I would love to either transplant this villa to my home, or perhaps just move there and live right at Bel Air instead! The pool is lovely and refreshing. Just take the winding nutmeg path down to the restaurant which serves fabulous food and drink right by the water in an open air setting. Their callalo soup is delicious! A few days a week, there is entertainment as well. The owner is extremely helpful and will do anything possible to make your stay a pleasant one. I highly recommend Bel Air Plantation Resort.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 March 2011

This is a very quiet hotel, rather remote (albeit on a small island), and with nice gardens and waterside location. The accommodation is very comfortable and spacious, although it has not been updated for some years. The restaurant is small but very pleasant, with a good bar. The current chef must be one of the best on the island. Lunch and dinner are excellent, sophisticated, and make full use of local produce. There is no beach at the resort, so you need a car. The housekeeping service is outstanding; the restaurant service somewhat laid back. Breakfast was a little disappointing but they are working on it. The American owner is very helpful and welcoming.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AlisonOxford
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint David Parish
Le Phare Bleu Boutique Hotel & Marina
Le Phare Bleu Boutique Hotel & M...
#1 of 1 in Petite Calivigny
#1 of 11 in Grand Anse
Laluna Hotel
Laluna Hotel
#7 of 11 in Grand Anse

Been to Bel Air Plantation Resort? Share your experiences!