“Wonderful Get Away - Great Way to Break Up the Sunburn Time on the Beach!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint Patrick Parish
Barry's Country Retreat
Idaho
“Wonderful Get Away - Great Way to Break Up the Sunburn Time on the Beach!”
Reviewed 15 January 2013

My husband and I had a lovely 2 night stay at Barry's -it's a great place. Barry, the owner, is as kind and helpful as can be. The hotel has a classic, old-style feel even though it's pretty new. We thought it would be good to see a bit more of the island than just Grand Anse Beach and that area, and we thought it would be a good idea to spend a bit less time in the sun for a few days - both were great decisions. We enjoyed driving around the island and seeing the amazing sites. Kicking back on the porch at Barry's to watch the sunset with a drink was fantastic as well - just loved the view. I went for a walk around the neighborhood, and Barry's delightful neighbors told me where to go to find a mango tree. Another neighbor helped me pick papayas. Everyone was so kind - it was just a great place to go. One tip: if you're there during a quiet time, which we were, having a car to go out for dinner is a definite must. There is a great restaurant nearby. The other night we had a huge lunch at Bathway Beach and then bought heavy snacks and ate on them for dinner on the porch at Barry's. It was lovely!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Idahoan1

Solo
Business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 October 2011

My daughter and I stayed here. We were the only two guests which in a way was quite amazing. It is quite isolated and if you are looking to "get away from it all" this is perfect. The staff are lovely and the rooms have an authentic quality to them. My teenage daughter was a bit bored after a week so we travelled but I could have quite easily stayed her another week. My only compaint would be that the pool is very small but sitting on the veradah in the evening and enjoying the calm made up for ti!!

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank Moanyminny

Been to Barry's Country Retreat? Share your experiences!