“Amazing Food Amazing Location Amazing History !!!!”
Review of Oceana

Oceana
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Frenchtown
Price range: US$28 - US$65
Cuisines: Seafood, Contemporary, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Oceana Restaurant and Wine Bar combines the perfected culinary methods of yesterday, the creativity of tomorrow, and the spice of the Caribbean all in one of the most beautiful and historic locations on island. Our guests can expect an unforgettable culinary and dining experience in a private villa right on the water, and feel the years disappear as they are swept away from the busy modern world while enjoying locally-sourced and artfully-prepared entrees. We also feature house-infused cocktails and an impressive wine selection. A TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence recipient several years running, Oceana has also been voted "Best of VI" multiple times, most recently for Best Gourmet Dining 2016.
HH SC
“Amazing Food Amazing Location Amazing History !!!!”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

Absolute first class operation. Fantastic high end cuisine with a view to die for. With appetizers, bottled water, 2 dinners, dessert, and 2 drinks each bill came to $165 just to give you an idea.

I am very picky when it comes to seafood as I am an avid sport fisherman and it was just amazing!

Very cool history from 1894 til 1904 the property served as the russian embassy. Later on it was a brothel, hotel, private residence, and a few different restaurants.

Make sure to add this one to your list !!! A+

1 Thank bell8769

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“so good we went twice”
Reviewed 20 May 2012

Excellent restaurant with well trained staff. Nothing inexpensive, this is a 'treat" restaurant. Everything wa well prepared with nice presentation. Absolutely get the Caribbean lobster- nothing better if you are a lobster fan. The restaurant building has been around for centuries, so has some interesting archtiectural details, and sits oceanside for spectacular sunsets. It is NOT easy to find- go into Frenchtown, circle left around the Looney Bien, and then veer right, alongside the bay. It really is there... and so worth the slightly exasperating hunt to find it.

Visited May 2012
Baltimore
“if i could give a zero......”
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I found this restaurant from the trip advisor website. I have to say this has been the biggest disappointment of my vacation. Oceana sounded like a hole in one. However, i was terribly disappointed. When we arrived there was no host at the host stand. we had to ask the bartender to seat us. She informed us that the maitre d had to seat us......not ok to make us wait. No one is in line waiting so why are we? Anyhow, once seated we were greeted by a lovely server. I cant remember her name but she had pretty red hair. I got the O cocktail(holy crap sugar bomb), and he got a bourbon and coke.....it arrived as a rum and coke. Really? I browsed to the menu and to my dismay there were no game meats available....what kinda fine dining place doesnt have something other than beef? I really wanted duck......but im not a chef, but my bf is and he suggested i try seafood. So i decided to do seafood since they are supposed to be known for it.....I got the crab cakes to start and my bf got the calamari.....big mistake....the food tasted ok but for 3 crab cakes the size of a quarter you are charging how much????? and my guys calamari was two tubes with stuffing.....i thought at first we were on candid camera or something, alas no cameras came out to say gotcha! I ordered the tuna which i regretted as soon as i saw it....again with the portions.....huge plate, small food.....for around 35 dollars im looking for some value here and the fish had obviously been frozen....ive seen the freshest tuna and this crap was from a shrink wrap. My guy had the filet and it was just ok he said. hardly worth 38 bucks....considering u can get a better steak at hook line and sinker for 28.despite our disappointment in the meal so far we got dessert(we are on vaca, right?) and we got the chcolate soufflee cake and the coconut ice cream. The soufflee cake was obviously microwaved as the center was hot and the outside was cold......the ice cream was super crystallized and not creamy at all.....considering that we had a bottle of Banfi Rosso de mont, our three courses, of small portions and frozen food, what the hell am i paying this much money for. Please, go to a small business that respects their customers and isnt price gouging to pay the obvious hell mortgage on a great house in STT. Like i said, if i could give a zero......

2 Thank Karen P
Crooksville, OH
“Amazing food, service and view!”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We went here last week for our anniversary. My husband and I both agree that this was one of the best meals we have ever had. The beet starter is amazing, we got it to share then wished we had ordered two. My husband had the best scallops he has ever had in any restaurant.
Steve was our waiter and made the evening one to remember. We would dine here again in the future.
For those of you that wish to dine in an upscale restaurant and bring your young kids; please do not allow the kids to watch a movie on a portable DVD player without headphones. This is very rude to the adults in the restaurant that wish to have a romantic dinner.

Aurora, Colorado
“last dinner on the Islands”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Friends recommended this restaurant and we made reservation for our last night on the islands before flying home the next morning.
The most difficult part was to find the place because no signs were seen and you had to cross very local neighborhoods.
The location is outstanding. The view over the bay truly breathtaking
The reception and the waiters were extremly friendly and helpful.
Food (we had tune and mahi-mahi) and the wine selection (Cabernet-sauvignon from NZ) were very, very good.
All in all a fabulous experience and very good finish of our first trip to the Caribbean.