“Favorite Memory of Our Honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Oceana

Oceana
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Frenchtown
Price range: US$28 - US$65
Cuisines: Caribbean, Seafood, International, Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Oceana Restaurant and Wine Bar combines the perfected culinary methods of yesterday, the creativity of tomorrow, and the spice of the Caribbean all in one of the most beautiful and historic locations on island. Our guests can expect an unforgettable culinary and dining experience in a private villa right on the water, and feel the years disappear as they are swept away from the busy modern world while enjoying locally-sourced and artfully-prepared entrees. We also feature house-infused cocktails and an impressive wine selection. A TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence recipient several years running, Oceana has also been voted "Best of VI" multiple times, most recently for Best Gourmet Dining 2016.
Fullerton, California
“Favorite Memory of Our Honeymoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

My husband and I were told by family that we HAD to go to Oceana while we were in St. Thomas on our honeymoon. We saved it for our last night in St. Thomas and Oceana did not disappoint. The staff were friendly, the drinks were delicious, and the food was excellent.

We were on vacation in Cancun last week and we started talking about Oceana. My husband agreed that it was one of our favorite restaurants we've been to on vacation. I'm so glad we came here.

Visited: August, 2010

• Visited August 2012

San Antonio, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“"The most romantic place for dinner!'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

The ambience of this place is excellent! The seating and view is incredible! This was one of the most elegent and romantic settings my wife and I have ever been too! The food was out of this world! My taste buds definitely had an experience! It is pricey but you will get what you pay for!

• Visited August 2012
Corpus Christi, TX
“Wonderful Engagment Dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

My (now) fiancée and I went for dinner right after we got engaged. It was such a great dining experience! I highly recommend this restaurant.

Visited July 2013
Smithtown, New York
“Awesome views and Dining!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

Had dinner with my family on our last night in St Thomas and wish we ate here earlier as we would have come back. Our server, Ben was friendly and recommended great dishes. I had the Oceana Due - Steak and Shrimp on top of a potato hash brown and it was phenomenal. The chocolate souffle for dessert was amazing as well. The coconut shrimp special was superb as well as some diver scallops with a mango salsa. Crab cakes were good. My sister had the chicken and it was very good with great sauteed vegetables. Another family member had the pasta with vegetables and it was very good. All of the staff were very friendly and accommodating. The views were amazing as well and the seating was very comfortable. Not too crowding. A nice open space and the setting was great as they are right on the water in a wonderful old house. I would highly recommend Oceana!!!

• Visited July 2013
St. Thomas
“Great food, small portions, pricy, great view, eh service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

Oceana had some of the best food I've had since living here. I'll give it that. The plates are $35-$50 on average which matches the quality but the portions were tiny. For someone who does not like to spend that kind of money I was pretty disappointed. We were hungry 2 hours later. The wine list was pretty good but the beer selection was sub par.
The menu says something about it not being pretentious and yet when we requested to sit at a table with a view they said they were already reserved. However two separate tables sat empty the entire 2 hours we were there...The view was great from almost every table. The ambiance is nearly unmatched-being so close to the ocean without the feel of a dive bar is rare here.

All in all if you have the $$ to spend this place is a must do. If you like a better bang for your buck there are many other places I'd suggest before Oceana.

• Visited July 2013