“Good Food Bad Location”

Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Pawleys Island, South Carolina
“Good Food Bad Location”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The pizza at The Pie Whole was great. We had to wait about 20 minutes to be seated and then ended up having to eat at the bar...which was cramped. However, the food was well worth the wait!

Visited April 2014

New York City, New York
“Great pizza, great service, great beer”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Pie Hole came highly recommended and it did not disappoint. The selection of pies was great, and they offer gluten free pies with 24 hour notice. The Spanish pie was like nothing else I ever had and was awesome. All that said, the list of Belgian beers was longer than most wine lists. We tried three and they were all great.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank David T
“OMG - must go here!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

My only regret is that we didn't find this place early in our trip - I would definitely have gone back again (maybe even twice). Was lucky to find this place via TripAdvisor (Marriott Frenchman's Reef Adventure Center is zero help unless you want to buy a timeshare) and it was SOOOOO GOOD!

Wide selection of beers and great service but the food is the star of the show. Their dough, the sauce - all great - but I think it was the quality of the toppings that cinched it as the best pizza ever. Yep, best ever and I'm not exaggerating. We sampled the menu with the spinach artichoke dip, hail twisted Caesar salad, fresh herb spaghetti, and hurricane earl pizza. Every single bite of everything was to die for - so very good. Oh, the crime brûlée was a hit too. Perfectly done. I felt bad for the folks who were turned away without reservations knowing what a delight they were missing. Way to go Pie Whole, you're the favorite meal of the trip!

• Visited August 2014
Lakeville, Minnesota
“Best pizza ever”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Thus was the best pizza and beer I've ever tasted! The bartender was really friendly and this was a quaint little place in Frenchtown that I would highly recommend!!

Visited August 2014
Brookfield, Connecticut
“Fabulous!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I read the reviews so we expected tiny, family oriented and great food. That is what we got! Loved the pizza - my husbands favorite ever!! The crust was amazing. The sauce was perfect. Cute little spot with eclectic ambiance. We lucked out getting a table but the owner did recommend that you make a reservation during busy times.

Visited July 2014