“Wonderful experience!”

Local Lounge • Grille
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Summerland
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: There is no public bus service in Summerland. Taxi service is available.
Description: Local is an ADULT ORIENTED food & wine restaurant concept, that merges casual sophistication with an upbeat urban style; in a relaxed rural waterfront setting. We feature an expansive 100+ bottle local British Columbia VQA wine selection coupled with a menu that blends global styles with seasonal Pacific Northwest ingredients. The atmosphere is often described as an urban retreat with amazing views of the water and natural elements. A la carte reservations are available for parties of 6 or less, for parties of 7 or more please contact our restaurant.
Vancouver, Canada
“Wonderful experience!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We had two wonderful dinners at Local Lounge while staying at the Summerland Waterfront Resort. The food was excellent, beautifully presented and the service was outstanding. The "Riblettes" were quite possibly one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted. Highly recommend.

• Visited October 2013
Cameron B, Owner at Local Lounge • Grille, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Thank you for your comments. Always nice to hear from traveller's who understand and really appreciate what food - quality and service is really all about.

We must give credit where credit is due. One of our young Chef's, Miss Andrea Mitchell came up with the idea for the 'Riblettes'. She made them for an after work function, and we all like them so much they made their way onto our starter menu. Glad you enjoyed.

Appreciate the comments and will pass along to our team.

Cheers!

Cameron- Managing Director
Local Hospitlaity Group Inc.

Sydney, Australia
“Big city feel, small town venue.”
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Compared to the other restaurants in summerland, this is head and shoulders above them. We have eaten here a number of times and never been disappointed. Creative, well presented, and exceptional flavours. Lounge or restaurant, great vibe with excellent staff. I wish we lived closer so we could come here all the time.

1 Thank KdrKermit
Summerland, Canada
“great food!”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I would definitely check this place out! It has great food with the on going local market. The menu always cnances depending what's in season. My wife and I always go back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Andreas M
Calgary, Canada
“Good food, but a bit pricey”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The food was really good at the restaurant and great service, but it was a bit high. We had a great time and really enjoyed the food. The service was excellent.

Visited October 2013
Calgary, Canada
“Best Burger anywhere!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I have eaten at Local many times, every trip I can get to the Okanagan involves a stop here. I have never been disappointed. If you get a chance try the burger, it is awesome! I have tried other items and enjoyed all of them but its the upscale burger that brings me back time and time again.
Local is a very modern restaurant with a great location right on the lake with an awesome patio. It's great for any occasion from casual to fancy. I've gone for a casual dinner with friends and celebrated anniversaries and birthdays here as well. The only downfall is they are not open for lunch, what a shame. Many a sunny afternoon I would have loved to enjoy a drink and snack on their patio but had to go elsewhere. I hope this will change in the future.

I really think Local is a must stop if you are in the Summerland area.

• Visited September 2013