“Great views, average food”

Local Lounge • Grille
Ranked #4 of 39 Restaurants in Summerland
Price range: US$12 - US$32
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: There is no public bus service in Summerland. Taxi service is available.
Description: Local is an ADULT ORIENTED food & wine restaurant concept, that merges casual sophistication with an upbeat urban style; in a relaxed rural waterfront setting. We feature an expansive 100+ bottle local British Columbia VQA wine selection coupled with a menu that blends global styles with seasonal Pacific Northwest ingredients. The atmosphere is often described as an urban retreat with amazing views of the water and natural elements. A la carte reservations are available for parties of 6 or less, for parties of 7 or more please contact our restaurant.
Burnaby, Canada
“Great views, average food”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Hate to break the 5-star streak, but the place just wasn't exceptional enough to deserve 5 stars. Anyway, the best aspect about Local by far is that it has a cool ambience and great lakeside views. It was raining when we went, yet it was still gorgeous outside. I'd imagine it's amazing to sit outdoors on the patio in the summer. The dishes however, were somewhat of a hit or miss. Recommended entrées are the ribs and the macaroni (I personally don't consider this a great achievement though - it's pretty easy for a chef to make delicious ribs and macaroni). The spaghetti was somewhat bland, and the squid appetizer was too sour and heavy on the floury batter. The waitress rubbed me the wrong way; she was attentive, but kept joking how she would not bring us water or the bill when we asked. You get the feeling that she is grumpy and means what she says, but tries to play it off as a joke - kind of annoying. Although you shouldn't expect much from the food, I would still recommend going here for the ambiance and the views, especially on a nice sunny day!

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank SGL112

Summerland, Canada
“Love this Place”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I have been to Local many times, I have NEVER had bad food or service. I LOVE THIS PLACE. I love the pizza, and the dessert are so good.

1 Thank Lily J
Canada
“Great food and wonderful management”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

During our stay in Summerland we enjoyed a fabulous dinner ( Steak and Gluten Free Pasta ) at this restaurant on April 26 2014 . The food was exceptional and the view was lovely. The Manager Keri invited us back to the restaurant for brunch the following day. We enjoyed another amazing meal with fantastic service and left feeling like we had experienced the the true essence of the Okanagan.
Thanks again for a lovely dining experience.
From the two Sues

1 Thank SPJ_10
Winnipeg, Canada
“So Good!”
Reviewed 21 April 2014

I could eat here every night. Since we were staying at the hotel resort next door we only managed 2 meals but I've thought about it many times since. It's a lovely restaurant with a beautiful view and even though it was off season and it wasn't busy we were treated very well by the staff. Our server was extremely knowledgeable, professional and interesting. The recommended appetizers were all perfect. The first evenings entrees were lamb, succulent and perfectly cooked and meaty tender ribs in a cherry bbq sauce. The second night we had tuna and scallops. The tuna was fine but the scallops with (bernaise) sauce were the best I've ever tasted. Desserts were large, easy to share and delicious. We could have licked the plate after finishing the sticky date pudding. These were memorable meals. Thank you to everyone at Local for your fine work!

1 Thank 754SueG
Invermere, Canada
“Fine Dining at Its Best!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

My party of six enjoyed an excellent meal. The menu is varied, creative and inspiring, it was hard to choose what to eat! The recommended wine paired perfectly. Everyone in my party raved about their meal!

• Visited October 2013