“It was ok”

Local Lounge • Grille
Ranked #4 of 37 Restaurants in Summerland
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Canadian, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: There is no public bus service in Summerland. Taxi service is available.
Description: Local is an ADULT ORIENTED food & wine restaurant concept, that merges casual sophistication with an upbeat urban style; in a relaxed rural waterfront setting. We feature an expansive 100+ bottle local British Columbia VQA wine selection coupled with a menu that blends global styles with seasonal Pacific Northwest ingredients. The atmosphere is often described as an urban retreat with amazing views of the water and natural elements. A la carte reservations are available for parties of 6 or less, for parties of 7 or more please contact our restaurant.
oakville, ON
“It was ok”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Being a guest at Summerland Waterfront resort, there was not much choice of where we would be eating while there.... so I ended up at Local three times during our three days there.

The patio is beautiful, and the service was nice; food was a bit hit or miss.

First night we were tired from a long day travelling so we shared a charcuterie plate ( excellent) and each had a salad ( meh). My poached pear and arugula salad was overly sweet with little arugula. More desert than salad.

went to lunch the next day and had the flat iron steak and eggs. Eggs were so undercooked they were inedible, and my medium rare steak came out blue rare and was very very tough... could barely cut it with the steak knife, let alone chew it. My friend's omelette looked better. My mostly untouched plate brought my waitress to ask, not if anything was wrong with it, but would I like to pack it up. I pointed out that everything on my plate was raw, and she said oh, sorry to hear that.... was not offered to order something else, nor was my bill adjusted accordingly. Was a bit turned off by that.

Our final night on the resort did see us have our best meal there. Charcuterie to share, a short rib wellington ( nice concept, but a bit dry), lamb chops, and a roasted broccoli and pesto spaghetti which was very good. originally it was to be served on gluten free penne, but I requested they change it to spaghetti. that was delicious. The sticky toffee pudding was to die for.

All in all, I think they TRY hard.... they just need to execute better.

• Visited June 2014

peachland, bc
“A disappointment”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were meeting friends for lunch and quite looking forward to our second experience.
It was very disappointing. I ordered a Cob Salad, which turned our to be a half an iceberg lettuce on a plate with a tomato quartered, one egg quartered, some white cheese cubed and a deep fried chicken wing and leg, with the dressing on the side as requested! My husband had eyed the ribs the first time we went and decided to give them a try, since he loves ribs. He was not thrilled with them.
The waitress was terrific with great service, lovely location etc., but need to rethink their menu, and ingredients. Not cheap and for that kind of money, we will go elsewhere.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank peachlandtraveler
Cameron B, Owner at Local Lounge • Grille, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
A dissapointment? Interesting choice of words. Perhaps not what I expected, or not what I am used to would have been more appropriate?

Our Fried Chicken Cobb salad is one of our most popular new dishes and the vast majority of our guests simply love our Chef's new take on it. "Refreshing" is a word that I have heard numerous times. A gentlemen in his 70's stopped me to tell me face to face that he had eaten a lot of Chicken and Salads in his life time and this was by far the best he has ever enjoyed. So everyone is entitled to their opinion. If you were hoping for the "chopped up lettuce" tossed in a bowl variety, We're certain there is cook out there still serving that style of Cobb Salad.

As for the Ribs... well it's our #2 item and guests absolutely love them. Perhaps we had a an off batch that was not as tender as they should be, and we trust you would have mentioned that to your server? We're all about guest satisfaction and she would have rectified that situation immediately. Not much we can do about that now, after reading it here.

Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to let us know that our style of food on our menu is not for you. Life is about choices and that is one of the things that makes life worth living.

Glad you enjoyed the service and the amazing view from our one of a kind Okanagan patio.

Regards,

Cameron.

Owner/Operator
Vancouver, Canada
“Very Impressive!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Did I walk into the right place? ..a young man reading a book with a glass of wine, overlooking the lake; two young women enjoying a shared plate looking so relaxed! This is a lounge that you will enjoy...dare I say, love?

First of all...the view of the Naramata Bench is outstanding. The food is fantastic - try the charcuterie...the saffron infused cauliflower is inspiring! Thank you...

We had two bottles of local wine and Tammy served us like a world class server. Last time I had service like that, I was in Paris! Well done, my fine young lady! We are meticulous men and we left with a smile! Sorry for drinking your last bottle of 07 Nk'Mp Syrah...(sure..real sorry)
The well prepared food is like everything else here...wonderful & well presented.

If your on business and want to experience the best of Summerland, come here. You will get it!

1 Thank James R
Gilbert
“Wonderful”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We were staying at the summer land resort next door and ended up eating at the local 2 nights in a row. The food was fresh and amazing and the wait staff was exceptional. Can't wait to return

Langley City, Canada
“Wow”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

My boyfriend and I were staying at the Summerland Waterfront Resort and were recommended Local by our tour guide at Sumac Ridge. Firstly, our server Jeff was outstanding, very friendly and put up with us after a day of winery touring. We asked him to pick an appetizer for us that would pair well with our chosen bottle of wine, he came back with the pork belly tacos. WOW. Wow, wow, wow. They were soooooooooooooo good. So good that we went back the next day for more. For entrees I had the burgers and my boyfriend had the spaghetti and these were incredible too.

If you're in the area we highly recommend this restuarant.

1 Thank BrianneDH