“Beautiful and delicious.”

The Vinegar Works at Valentine Farm
More attraction details
Owner description: “Everything in the bottle is grown on our farm”We harvest grapes from our 2 acre vineyard, make wine, then transform that wine into a wonderful selection of wine vinegars. Use them in salads, when cooking meats, soups, sauces and literally hundreds of other ways around your kitchen. The perfect wine country gift for any cook on your gift list! A “new” idea for a hostess gift—wine vinegar instead of wine! We love food, and think this will shine through in our products. Our 10 acre farm is located in Summerland. B.C. in the shadow of the Trans Canada Trail, the Kettle Valley Railroad steam train, and Giant's Head mountain. It is a spectacular location. Our vinegar "tasting room" is open 6 days a week from mid-June through mid-October. Stay awhile! We have a beautiful Guest House located with a view of our vineyard and pasture.
Reviewed 23 August 2012

We had the best time. They are so welcoming, family friendly, and knowledgeable. The vinegars are superlative!

1  Thank Avallance

Reviewed 17 August 2012

What a gem indeed! I have just become interested in using different vinegars but this experience was the icing on the cake! Never did I think I would be 'sniffing' and 'tasting' vinegars as I would wine but, I suppose in a way I was as these folks begin by making their own wines prior to making the hand crafted vinegars. What a delight and how knowledgeable the owner is! This is a MUST stop and...what a great gift these vinegars make, especially for anyone who loves working with food or, who wants to expand his or her knowledge of how to work with food with the addition of these fine vinegars. I bought four bottles and my Japanese student will be taking back two bottles to her family. I will be going back for more for Christmas gifts...my son in law is a chef and I think he would greatly appreciate these vinegar in his home kitchen.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Definitely worth checking out since it's neighbours with a fantastic cute little winery, but I would definitely recommend walking through the garden to the other winery or driving or else you will be eaten alive with mosquitoes if you walk along the road!

SummerlandJade, Owner at The Vinegar Works at Valentine Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Our opinion too...It's been a bad year for mossies! The good news (and the reviewer mentioned it) is that visitors are invited to walk through the garden and vineyard in order to visit the adjacent "Saxon" winery. Now that's different!

Reviewed 10 August 2011

As part of a day of wine touring we also stopped in at Vinegar Works. At first the idea of a vinegar tasting didn't appeal to all of the girls on the trip but we went inside and many were pleasantly surprised! You just put a little bit on your finger to taste it but the flavours they use are amazing. The popular one among the group was a Tarragon vinegar. I picked up some Verjuice which I hadn't seen offered anywhere else before.

The host was very friendly and happy to answer any of our questions. The vinegars are organic and he even sent our group off with fresh-picked raspberries from their property! A great stop and I would return.