Do you like spiders? Do you like carpet beetles? Do you hate smooth check-ins? Then this is the place for you. What a major disappointment this place was. We have stayed here twice. The first time we had an amazing time. The staff were great and the room was perfect. So we decided to book again and come back a few months later. We had asked for a specific area of the hotel when we booked (ground floor so we can walk to the beach) but when we came to check in the seemed to have totally cancelled our booking. They had a room for us on the third floor which was not what we wanted, but what do you do? We took the room and I told them I was very unhappy as we were assured that when we booked we could be by the water. We went up to the room and the front desk called saying they had a room for us that was just like the one we were in but was by the beach. Since the rest of our party had gone for lunch I began to move the bags down with the help of the bellhop. When we got down there I saw the room only had one bathroom. Our other room had two which is what we requested. I told them this simply wouldn't work as there were six of us. We moved everything back to the original room. This process took well over an hour. I asked to speak to the hotel manager and was told he would be back at 2:30. I went to get a sandwich at the cafe there (which is tasty but way overpriced) and came back at 2:30. They then told me that the manager was gone for the day. I went back to the room and left my number with the desk asking the manager to call me first thing in the morning. Once we got back to the room it was even worse. All the glasses in the cupboards were filthy with sticky white handprints, there were tons of cobwebs on the ceiling and curtains and many spiders had decided to join us. You can tell they never vacuum. I also found carpet beetle larvae on the baseboards. Totally disgusting. I called down to the desk and was told there were no more rooms, but housekeeping would give our room a vacuum. We went out to eat and the room was never cleaned up further. The next morning we went for breakfast and I went to find the manager as he still hadn't contacted me. I finally found him and told him about all the gross bugs, the dirty room, and the terrible confusion with check in. He apologized and said he would do 'something' for us. He agreed to comp one night and send up housekeeping while we were out as well as send a basket of wine. We went wine touring and came back shortly before dinner. Not only was there no wine in our room, but the housekeeping didn't even tidy our bathroom or leave fresh towels. I was pretty furious at this point as I feel he just made empty promises to get rid of me. I called down to the desk and told them the situation. They said there were no notes on the bill about a free night or anything. He sent up two bottles of warm wine (hardly a basket) and some fresh towels. Our bathroom never got cleaned at all and we all got spider bites. To top it all off half the amenities in the kitchen were missing. Our second experience did not live up to the first at all and the housekeeping was absolutely terrible. The manager is insincere and did not care at all that we had a bad time. I would never go to this place again and would discourage anyone from staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amidst the beauty of vineyards and dramatic landscapes, the Summerland Waterfront Resort & Spa is set on a secluded stretch of Lake Okanagan shoreline, 15 minutes north of Penticton and 45 minutes south of Kelowna. The beachfront resort features 115 condo-style suites, each well appointed with a full kitchen, dining and living areas, fireplace and most offer a balcony for stunning lakefront views. You are invited to live the Okanagan lifestyle and enjoy two outdoor hot tubs, a large outdoor pool with sundeck, barbecues, beaches, boat rentals, fitness room, meeting and group venues, as well as a neighbouring Restaurant and Day Spa. At your doorstep is Summerland's Bottleneck Drive wineries, golf courses, water activities, hiking, biking, cycling, swimming, art galleries and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Summerland Waterfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summerland Waterfront Hotel Summerland
- Summerland Waterfront Resort And Spa