Stayed at the Summerland Resort in the main building’s second floor for three nights in a one bedroom suite with a fantastic view overlooking the pool and lake.
- The property is right on the lake and walking distance to a nice beach via pathways along the shoreline, tennis, boats, kayaks, and numerous wineries all within a short distance.
- The rooms are well-appointed with a nice layout, good beds and okay linens; each room also includes a well-equipped kitchen – makes having the early breakfast on the room’s balcony really nice because the views are fantastic. They also had French Press coffee makers in the room which is always a huge plus for me.
- Location in the Okanogan Valley is perfect, midway between Kelowna and Penticton so it’s not too secluded, but quiet and relaxing.
- Pool and exercise areas were nice, but not unusually well appointed for a property that aspires to be a high-end resort.
- The staff was friendly and helpful when asking for dinner recommendations and local wineries.
- House cleaning and maintenance don't seem a high priority as there was mold throughout the bathroom. The building’s windows and outside walls are covered with layers of cobwebs. Seem like these would be no-brainers to clean up.
- Another concern we had was with having to change rooms after the first night, we heard this from other guests too and it is never fun to pack and unpack when you’re wanting to relax.
- The immediate area around the resort has several boarded-up and run-down buildings. Summerland would do well to make this “resort” area an attraction with numerous businesses that cater to vacationers who have money to spend.
Overall, we like this property and will return since we visit Summerland often. Best advice for room selection is to call a day or two prior to arrival and ask for a room on the third floor in the main building for the best views. They have different room layouts, so you may want to ask about the layout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amidst the beauty of vineyards and dramatic landscapes, the Summerland Waterfront Resort & Spa is set on a secluded stretch of Lake Okanagan shoreline, 15 minutes north of Penticton and 45 minutes south of Kelowna. The beachfront resort features 115 condo-style suites, each well appointed with a full kitchen, dining and living areas, fireplace and most offer a balcony for stunning lakefront views. You are invited to live the Okanagan lifestyle and enjoy two outdoor hot tubs, a large outdoor pool with sundeck, barbecues, beaches, boat rentals, fitness room, meeting and group venues, as well as a neighbouring Restaurant and Day Spa. At your doorstep is Summerland's Bottleneck Drive wineries, golf courses, water activities, hiking, biking, cycling, swimming, art galleries and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Summerland Waterfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summerland Waterfront Resort And Spa
- Summerland Waterfront Hotel Summerland