We planned for a weekend retreat/getaway and looked at various options of location, value and site amenities. A Livingsocial deal arrived in my email box and the info on the Summerland Waterfront Resort looked inviting. Having read other TA reviews, we opted for a 3rd floor, with a partial lakeview . The deal also included a bottle of local red wine, Sumac Ridge. As well, we booked a couples massage at Beyond Wrapture Day Spa.
One thing about this resort is that all the 114 suites are individually owned. And some are in a rental pool but maybe not at the same time? That's why only certain rooms are available. For the first weekend in November, there were a lot of empty suites. I suppose that makes it difficult for the front desk staff to change rooms for clients.
We found the 1 bedroom suite spacious, very clean and comfortable.. A well-equipped kitchen including a dishwasher. Lots of cupboard storage space. The bathroom was a good size too. A deep non-jetted tub, a separate extra large shower and lots of counter space. One annoying thing for my partner was the toilet seat lid. He has to use 1 leg to hold the lid up when he had to pe_ . Was this a plumbing design error? All it needed was to move the toilet forward about 2 inches to avoid this lid problem..
The queen bed has a fairly soft pillow top mattress but was still comfy for us. The pillows are great. An unusual feature is a separate glass sink in the bedroom. It looks great but I guess it's just for little wash-ups? No washcloths or towels are provided beside it. A older style 27" TV perches high
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amidst the beauty of vineyards and dramatic landscapes, the Summerland Waterfront Resort & Spa is set on a secluded stretch of Lake Okanagan shoreline, 15 minutes north of Penticton and 45 minutes south of Kelowna. The beachfront resort features 115 condo-style suites, each well appointed with a full kitchen, dining and living areas, fireplace and most offer a balcony for stunning lakefront views. You are invited to live the Okanagan lifestyle and enjoy two outdoor hot tubs, a large outdoor pool with sundeck, barbecues, beaches, boat rentals, fitness room, meeting and group venues, as well as a neighbouring Restaurant and Day Spa. At your doorstep is Summerland's Bottleneck Drive wineries, golf courses, water activities, hiking, biking, cycling, swimming, art galleries and shopping. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Summerland Waterfront Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Summerland Waterfront Resort And Spa
- Summerland Waterfront Hotel Summerland