“very disappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Wildhorse Mountain Guest Ranch
Vernon, British Columbia, Canada
“very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

I booked a 2 night stay for a mother-daughter getaway..when we arrived, we realized that they were smokers and the whole place smelled of smoke, even our room. We tried to stay outside as much as we could the first day to avoid it. The next morning, it was so bad that it was making us sick (completely ruined our breakfast), so I informed the owner that we wouldn't be able to stay the second night...he argued with me, then tried to charge me for the second night anyway. He told me that the website states that it is a smoker's home (it doesn't, I checked when I got home) He also kept my 20% deposit that I had mailed 2 weeks prior.
The only reason I am giving it 2 stars is because the wife took us out riding and she is very nice, and the horses are lovely as well.
I would only recommend this place for a day trip trail riding.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Heather L
, Owner at Wildhorse Mountain Guest Ranch, responded to this review, 5 July 2012
It is true, that it is allowed to smoke in the owners living room area (guests can use too ) and outside on our sundecks.
The guest rooms are non smoking rooms.
We have the smoking policy on our web site on the bottom of the page where the prices are under Conditions (and " Zahlungsbedingungen" in our German page.
I never try to hide any information but the review gives me the opportunity to learn and I will give
all information now also with the respond of guest inquiries .
I apologize for the problem the guest had with her allergies on our ranch.
Jochen Schlorff

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2007

I stayed at the Wildhorse Mountain Guest Ranch, in Summerland, for my second time this month.
Both times I have found it to be a scenic and quiet location to get away.
The owners have several horses on the ranch which are available for trail rides.
They also have three dogs who will run out and greet you upon arrival, and two cats who will likely make themselves at home on your bed.
I would recommend this B&B for anyone who likes to be in the country in a serene setting, as well as for those who love animals.
The atmosphere of the home is very laid back, and you can come and go as you please. The town of Summerland is fun to explore, and there is lots to do in the surrounding area.
The ranch itself is a very nice log house. There is also a hot tub that guests can use.
Breakfast is typically European consisting of eggs, various breads and cheeses, cold cereal, yogurt, etc.
The only drawback that I should mention is that the owners do smoke, so if you are allergic, you may find this a problem.
However, I never experienced the guest rooms smelling of smoke, or the house in general, but did notice it a bit in their living room.
My experience has been very favourable both times, and I will definitely go back in future.

• Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
      Location
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
4 Thank Aradia76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerland
Summerland Waterfront Resort & Spa
#11 of 23 in Summerland
Blue Iris B and B
Blue Iris B and B
#1 of 4 in Summerland

Been to Wildhorse Mountain Guest Ranch? Share your experiences!