“First time reviewer”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Summerland
Apples and Quails Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #3 of 22 Summerland B&B and Inns
Edmonton, Canada
“First time reviewer”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Anyone reading these reviews is going to start to wonder but our experience at Apples &Quails was enough to make me write this. My wife and I recently stayed at Ming's and Walter's B&B and I can guarantee you that the glowing reports in the other reviews are spot on. They are gracious hosts and have a wonderful B&B. My only complaint is we couldn't stay longer.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank GLfromEdmonton

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Burnaby, Canada
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Ming and Walter take great pride in creating a perfect experience for their guests. Upon arrival, the B&B is welcoming, cheerful and beautifully landscaped. Their home is spotless, the rooms are spacious, beautifully decorated, and the breakfasts are divine! They offer some choices for breakfast, all of which are delicious. Ming even put a mini candle on my husband's breakfast and we all sang Happy Birthday to him. There are treats put out in the common room for guests to help themselves to, bottled water which is a good thing to always have on hand in the Okanagan. They are knowledgeable about the local area and were most helpful with choices of spots to visit and places to eat. Take in the Dirty Laundry Winery if you have time!

Room Tip: We had the downstairs room which opens directly onto the deck. It was the perfect spot for us to vi...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Langley, B.C
Reviewed 26 August 2013

My husband and I often stay at B & Bs and I have to say, hands down, this is the best one yet. We travelled with another couple. We each had a spotless, elegant bedroom and had private bathrooms that were so spacious and clean. The common living room and kitchenette separated the two bedrooms. The hosts, Ming and Walter are very hospitable and they know how to add just that extra special touch: chocolates on the bed, a little treat waiting in our kitchen... and an amazing breakfast! After touring the wineries we relaxed in the hot tub. We will definitely be returning customers!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2013

My parents were visiting and we stayed based purely on tripadvisor's high ratings. This is easily the best B+B experience I've ever had. The place is absolutely beautiful and spotless, but Ming and Walter shine as being the most thoughtful and gracious hosts ever! They both went over and above to make us feel welcome. I felt like they really enjoy what they do here. Breakfast is super tasty and they often left little treats for us to enjoy throughout the stay. They recommended a vegetarian restaurant to us that was just delightful. We actually chose to hang out here on the deck most of our time in the Okanagan because it was just so relaxing and lovely.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sunnydaysahead11
Duncan, Canada
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We, my wife and I, stayed at the Apples and Quails Bed and Breakfast the first week in August for 3 nights. Ming and Walter are oustanding hosts and we were treated as if we were Royalty. I could go on and on about this B and B but the previous reviewers said it all. We could not have asked for anything better. If you want the ultimate in B and B's in Summerland, stay at the Apples and Quails, you will not regret it. We will be back. Thank you both, Ming and Walter.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2013

We had a great stay at Apples and Quails last weekend. The hosts, Ming and Walter, are friendly, welcoming and had good suggestions for places to visit/eat in Summerland and the surrounding areas. They are also interesting people and great conversationalists. We stayed in the Quail's Nest room. The rooms and house are spotless and cozy. In most places I stay, I won't take my shoes off to walk around the room. In this place I walked around in my bare feet! There is also a very nice deck in the back with a great view of the lake. And, yes, there are quails in the backyard. The food is excellent, with a sweet and savory choice every day. Ming also makes excellent treats that will be waiting for you every afternoon (I won't spoil the surprise by telling you what the are). The chocolates on the bed are a nice touch too. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. Thanks Ming and Walter for your hospitality.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We spent two nights at Apples and Quails and enjoyed every minute of it! Ming and Walter were wonderful and very accommodating hosts. We were welcomed into their home with homemade lemon lavender cookies in a pretty glass tray. Our room was spotless, with some really nice touches, including chocolates on the pillows and locally made bath salts. We stayed in the Quails Nest room the first night, and the Country Blue room the second night. Both were very nice, and shared a common living room / kitchen area with fresh cookies, tea, coffee, and a large fridge for storing wines and local produce that we picked up along the way.

Breakfast was amazing! The night before, they provide you with a menu that includes beverages (coffee, tea, cappuccino, espresso, orange juice, and orange cranberry sparkler), sides (granola, granola parfait, fruit salad, fruit muffin, and turkey sausages), and two mains. You can pick anything from the beverages and sides, and you choose one of the two mains. During our stay, we had egg blossoms and sweet and savory crepes for our mains (my sweet crepe came with an apple carved into a quail!).

Overall, our stay at Apples and Quails was wonderful. It was perfect for a couple, but would be great for small families as well. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple