“Great Place to stay in Summerland”
Review of Summerland Motel

Summerland Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Summerland
Vancouver, Canada
“Great Place to stay in Summerland”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stayed for two nights on a work assignment in February and was pleasantly surprised about the quality, quiet, comfort and reasonable price of this motel. Check in (in February) was remotely through a machine, which was painless as instructions were taped to the glass window of the entrance door and phone calls to the motel number were answered in person by the manager. The motel is about 1km south of Summerland (in Trout Creek), a few minutes drive south from the Tim Hortons. I stayed in the new complex, which has large, well appointed rooms with balcony out the back to a small garden in between buildings. Although the motel is directly adjacent to Highway 97, the rooms in the new complex must have been built with soundproofing in mind - I didn't hear the traffic in my room and enjoyed quiet nights. I can highly recommend this motel to anyone needing a place to stay near Summerland.

Room Tip: I very much liked the new complex (south end) and would request this again next time.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
SummerlandMotel, Owner at Summerland Motel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Thank you for taking the trouble to review our motel and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Salmon Arm, Canada
Reviewed 23 November 2013

It was such a pleasure to walk into the nicely furnished one bedroom suite - especially after a horrible experience at the Pleasantview Motel. The room was well-stocked for my five-week stay there: kitchen was spotless and had everything needed for making home-made meals and the bedroom had a comfortable king-size bed with five soft pillows and luxurious comforter. Sliding glass doors led from the bedroom to a little patio overlooking a cedar-hedge lined well maintained backyard where you could hardly hear the cars on the highway. My only regret was that I wasn't there earlier in the year and so could have taken advantage of the swimming pool.

The owners and staff were friendly and helpful, especially the very charming young man behind the reception desk who didn't hesitate to offer his help with anything I needed.

I was surprised a nice place like that would be so affordable. Would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Safe
Convienience
Comfortable
Relaxing
... can't wait to go back next year !!
Been going to summerland for 3 years in a row. We've stayed at the expensive resort and prefer summerland motel over it.
The Staff are great and the accommodations are terrific. We brought friends from out of province to share our favourite vacation area and they were very impressed. We'll all be back. Nothing but good things to say about this place.

• Stayed September 2013
3 Thank AIDIUM
Vancouver Island BC
Reviewed 11 August 2013

As others have stated, Hwy 97 roars past your door. We stayed in the newer part of the hotel and found it to be reasonably quiet...The room was nice, updated with a cheap chinese flatscreen. Had a small fridge with a small microwave and a desk/chair, sitting chair and loveseat. The air conditioner worked well and was not noisy - but we are seasoned travellers and always use earplugs. There is a nest of BBQs outside, but no real nice place nearby to buy a steak or whatever. You have to travel up or down 97 to find any shopping whatsoever.
The pool was so-so, located on a back alley. Had to fight off the ants. Really unimpressed.
Our "patio" had no access to the courtyard and gave us the impression of a small jail cell.

We rented this as a "manager's special" - it was hardly that for the buck sixty nine it cost us. $89 would have been more than fair.

So take from this what you will, but next time we will plan to give the town of Summerland a big pass. "Not much to see here folks, move along".

Room Tip: Rooms anywhere else were cheaper on our whole circle trip from Vancouver Island to Grand Forks, Wint...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank IslandCanucks
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 12 June 2013

I am sitting in the Penticton airport and have to write a review about the Summerland Motel. I found it to be a great place to stay! The staff were all incredibly nice and helpful, with travel arrangements I needed help with, ordering food, restaurant recommendations, you name it. John the owner and his son went above and beyond trying to find a friend of theirs to fly me back to Vancouver to make a meeting, after I had missed a flight and there were no other flights that would get me there in time.
Their night manager, provided me with cutlery when the delivery guy from Yakki's pizza forgot to bring some. (pizza was really good though)! :) They had a nice little gym, a treadmill, elliptical, and cycle and a universal gym, all very modern and in good shape. The pool was great! I am a former lifeguard and pool manager and this little pool was in terrific shape! I did laps till the clouds and lightening moved in! lol they have a great grass courtyard area to use too, quite large.
The rooms were very nice and clean and quite large. The beds were very comfortable and th linen was very good, great pillows! Good tv and connection. It is by the highway but the courtyard between the two buildings is where your balcony opens up too and yes there is a bit of noise however it is not that bad esp at night. You can always close the doors and use the air conditioning unit at night which worked great.
They do a breakfast in the mornings of cereal and muffins and fresh fruit and juice. Looks good, just never had time to partake. They don't actual;y have a restaurant but there are lots nearby!
I highly recommend them!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank AlexCanuck
rolfie2008, Owner at Summerland Motel, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Thank you for taking the trouble to review our motel and we are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope you will visit us again when you are in the vicinity.
Calgary
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I recently stayed 4 night at the Summerland Motel and found it to be much more than I expected.

The room I stayed in was in what seemed to be a newer building and everything was in great shape. Clean carpets, clean beds and linens, a nice bathroom and even a little deck overlooking a well kept greenspace.

There are a few reasons I'm not giving this place a 5 out of 5, but they are minor problems in reality:

1. I had to check in after the office closed. There 'vending machine' type system for getting a key after hours wasn't accepting the code I was given and ended up with me having to check into a different type of room than I had originally booked. Not a big deal, but something to be aware of if you're checking in late and the motel is near full occupancy. Had it been full I may not have gotten a room.

2. The toilet paper and facial tissues were the cheapest quality I've even encountered. And I'm a 29 year old man - not something that I would normally even notice. But this stuff was so cheap, it was like using that brown shipping paper - very rough and uncomfortable. If the owners are reading this: please invest the extra pennies into better toiletries.

3. The gym as nothing more than 4 basic machines in a small room. If you're booking based on the fact it has a gym, be prepared to be disappointed.

Otherwise this place was great. Right on the highway, clean and well taken care of. Would stay here again any time.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back of the building do not have the ability to drive right up and unload your luggage.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank SoundTravellerB
rolfie2008, Manager at Summerland Motel, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Thank you for your review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Just to allay your concerns regarding our automatic check in machine. Your reservation was held in the machine so no other guest could have taken that room had it been the last one available. For some reason the reservation number did not work so all you had to do was call the motel telephone number displayed on the office door, overnight telephone messages are responded to immediately, and somebody would have come to the front desk to check you into the room you had booked.
Airdrie
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Not the Okanagan expierience! Very noisy due to Hwy 97 @ the front door,old a\c units next to alcony doors. Garbage bin below balcony. The other balcony looks like it could fall off at any time. Poor beds. We went for a wedding & had 5 rooms 7 adults had soar backs. Can"t even see the lake. Pool & courtyard face back alley { no view at all } ok area but noisy. Good TVs in living room { Good to cover up road noise!] Bedroom tv fom 1990's. Good thing we paid off season rates $120. This was a SUITE!!!!

Room Tip: Do Not Go To The Smmerland Motel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank murray e
rolfie2008, Manager at Summerland Motel, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
When this guest first registered and viewed her suite she was concerned that the room might be too noisy. We immediately offered her an upgraded suite in a different building which she viewed but decided to stay where she was as she said that she would not be in the suite other than to sleep. Neither her nor any of her guests in the other rooms she had booked ever came to the desk to complain about uncomfortable beds or any other aspect of the motel. The suite she inhabited did overlook the garden. We do not have a back lane, it is actually a residential close obscured by a10 feet Cedar trees which surrounds our rear courtyard. Our building is perfectly safe and had she progressed along the deck another 20 feet she would have seen that it is in the process of being renewed which can only be done when there are no guests using the upstairs rooms. All of this group left one day early due to other commitments and we did not charge for the cancelled day which we are entitled to under the terms of the booking. At the time they appeared to be most appreciative. We are therefore somewhat bemused at the attitude this guest has taken.

Travellers are raving about these Summerland hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Summerland
Summerland Waterfront Resort & Spa
#32 of 44 in Penticton
Rosedale Motel
Rosedale Motel
#3 of 4 in Summerland

Been to Summerland Motel? Share your experiences!