“Rotten food, terrible service, fruit flies, VERY dissapointed!!!!!”
Review of Tandoori Bites

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Friday night my husband and I decided to check out Tandoori Bites because of the excellent Trip Advisor rating I had seen. We arrived at 6:30 pm, and the restaurant was completely empty, not one single customer. The serve/owner told us to sit where we wanted, so we chose the booth closest to the window. We ordered two Indian Beers, samosas and the Tandoori Platter. Beers were served, first thing I began to notice was the massive amount of fruit flies that were warming around my drink. I poured my bottle into a glass and some flies landed in it! GROSS.
Food is served, and our server accidentally knocks over my bottle of beer onto the floor (which was 3/4 empty), apologizes, picks up my bottle, and brings it back with her to the kitchen. Two minutes later she returns with my bottle, says she wiped it off with a cloth, and said there was only a little left, which is why she returned it to me, instead of replacing it with a new bottle (as SHE had knocked it off the table).
Tandoori Platter came sizzling to our table. Looked good. Took a bite of the salmon and almost gagged, the fish had turned, wasn't even cooked all the way through, was rotten, was on a platter mixed in with the rest of the chicken!!!!! I called the server over and told her to take the fish back to the chef and ask him to taste it because it had turned. She did.

She didn't return to bring us a new dish, to apologize, or to check on us any further. Disgusted, we couldn't eat anymore so I went up to the till to pay so we could get the heck out of there. The server/owner prints my bill with no discounted items. I said to her, "you are going to make me pay full price for a dish that had rotten fish mixed into it? We couldn't eat it! Did you have the chef taste it?" to which she replied, "yes, he said it was fine! Fresh fish."

I was livid!! I told her she should try it as I had some leftovers on our dish, left on the table. She did not try the fish. She discounted our bill 15%. I told her I was disgusted by the fruit flies, the service, the food, and that i would write her up a "great review" on Trip Advisor. Which I did.

6  Thank cdvocean

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We made a pit stop in Harrison Hot Springs on the way home from the Okanagan and thought fate was against us when we couldn't find one restaurant that worked for a 4:30 PM dinner. Online reviews pointed us to Tandoori Bites in nearby Agassiz, and we realized that all along, fate was pointing us in the right directions. Delicious!

We arrived at 5 and ordered 3 main dishes (butter chicken, an eggplant and the cheese/spinach dish) as well as naan and white rice. The dishes arrived in approximately 15 minutes and were piping hot and delicious. Good portion sizes, and just the right amount of spices. The butter chicken in particular was our favourite. Wow! It was amazing.

To add to a yummy dinner, the service was impeccable. The lady working in the front of the restaurant was absolutely lovely, and seemed genuinely thrilled to spend time with our family. At the end of the meal, our toddler trotted over to her and she gave him a hug. It was a wonderful end to a great meal. We'll certainly be back when vacationing in or traveling through the area.

3  Thank sankoji
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Myself and 5 friends stumbled on this place by accident while in Agassiz and were blown away by the high quality of the food, given the remote location and the somewhat 'generic' decor. Everything, from the rice to the freshly made, piping hot naan, to the amazing tandoori platter which arrived sizzling on a platter, was as good, if not better, than many Indian restaurants in Vancouver. Perfectly spiced, super-fresh ingredients, generous portions, a 'super spicy' sauce on the side, for those who crave more fire. The premises were spotlessly clean, and the service was excellent. I wish I lived closer so I could eat here at least once a week!

2  Thank malbecvancouver
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This restaurant has the best food ever! Came here today for a Mother's Day lunch my mom loved it just as much as I did, the food was terrific, just the spice we wanted it.I really reccommend coming here I've never tasted anything better than this.

2  Thank Sidny73
Reviewed 1 May 2014

My sister Mum and I went just last week (April 24, 2014) to have a great meal together since we all live in different towns in Canada. What a treat! The portions are generous, the spice levels are negotiable - from very mild to super hot - and the service was excellent. Everything tasted super- fresh.
Although we were the only patrons at the time, we felt as though we were treated very special.
Our dessert was extra special - many thanks for a great meal, and the ability to spend time chatting and visiting together with my family. I will definitely be back for more.

1  Thank Brenda H