“Beautiful Setting”
Review of Fraser River Lodge

Fraser River Lodge
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We recently attended a wedding at the lodge. It was a beautiful setting for the wedding, great food and nice rooms. The king size bed was very comfortable. Really nice, clean bathroom. This is not a hotel so it does not have all the amenities. They put the coffee on for us in the morning but we could not get breakfast there. I would assume that if you are booking the fishing packages all your meals are included. The views are amazing and if you want to get away from
it all this would be the place to do it. Walking along the river or in the country setting is beautiful. You are only a 10 minute drive to Harrison Hot Springs so if you want to go out for dinner or go to the beach you are really close. I think this is one of the nicest places to stay in the area.

Room Tip: All the rooms have a beautiful view of the mountains, river and fields.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank peggysuevancouver
There are newer reviews for Fraser River Lodge

Reviewed 3 December 2012

My husband, my two year old, and I joined friends at a recent autumn wedding at the lodge. The office was hard to find and the staff super laid back and casually dressed. Not staying the latter is necessarily a bad thing. The humongous room keys and confusing directions to our room made us chuckle. They do have an elevator, which I shouldn't be impressed by because it should be standard, however I was impressed none the less. The room was beautiful with nice crisp white linens and bathroom with a shower and bathtub/shower. There were cobwebs in the bathroom corner, shoes left under the bed from a previous guest, and the plug for the sink was absolutely disgusting with sediment and what I assume was mold. Rooms have two twins made into a king and another twin on the other wall. The view was really neat. The rooms have large windows which overlook the deck and floodplain, the river, and roaming bison. The doors open right to the outside where there are heat lamps and lounge chairs. Really liked the set up except guests smoked in front of their rooms so it was right beside our room. That made me angry because I have a child and also a friend with decreased lung function. A note about the honeymoon suite, the only difference is the gigantic bathtub so think about that when you look at the price. I did not see the other accommodations during my stay.

A warning about eating here. We found out too late that meals have to be ordered in advance (how much advance, I did not get an answer). They were happy to tell me that our breakfast would be on Sunday and I asked about Saturday and they could only suggest places in town. I asked this on Friday evening. So bring a cooler (no fridges in rooms) and plenty of snacks. The food, by chef Corey Fields, was excellent. It pleased all ages. Not sure how much was the bride and grooms decision on what to serve. We had a rehearsal dinner, brunch, and wedding cocktail hour and reception meals. The mashed potatoes were a highlight, so were the scrambled eggs and vegetable medley. The wedding desserts were especially good too and there was a lot of variety. Although the food during cocktail hour was good, with crab stuffed mushrooms (staff could not tell us if there was mayo in it and did not offer to find out), roast beef with horseradish on a mini Yorkshire pudding, they were not ready for the guests half hour after the ceremony. They must have known the time but it was confusing for guests if there was food coming or when drinks would be ready.

Overall, a beautiful place to have a wedding, if you enjoy a family style, laid back atmosphere and your guests can roll with it, then consider taking a vacation here or even having your wedding here. Last thing to mention, It's 20 minutes from Harrison Hot Springs.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank ckredhead
Reviewed 31 August 2012

We spent three-days fishing and had our wedding there. You cannot miss this one, the staff and owners (Jeff and Patrick) were amazing. The food, accommodation and setting is right out of a story book. The boats, equipment and fishing guides were very knowledgeable and professional. Even when the fishing was tough the Fraser River Lodge still managed to put quality fish on the end of your line. This is a MUST go.

Room Tip: The main lodge has the best room but for families rent the outpost.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2012

My husband and I had an amazing trip here. My husband is an avid fly fisherman and wanted to go fishing on our anniversary trip. I was leary of going to a fishing lodge, so we only booked for 1 day of fishing and 2 nights at the lodge - what a mistake. We had an amazing time. The rooms and view were exceptional. The food was fantastic and better than some of the best restaurants in major cities that we have been to. We went on the wilderness trip, and our guide Frank was the best. He was able to accomodate both a city girl and a guy who loves fishing- and we both wished we could stay longer! My husband caught King and Sockey on the fly, and I caught some bull trout. Wives if you are wondering if you should go - don't - you'll have a great time. My husband got to cross one of his bucket list thanks to Fraser River Lodge, and it was truly a once in a lifetime trip.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BrinerVision
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I was at the Lodge for a wedding. The food was very good and the service at the wedding was excellent. The room was clean and very comfortable. I would have rated this higher but we got absolutely NO service for the $200 we spent for the night.

We had to hunt for someone to give us a key to our room as there was no reception open. In the morning, a wedding guest made us coffee in the bar as there were no staff there to do so. I also think that when an entire wedding and guests are staying in your hotel, there could be some attention to their comfort in the morning in the form of a continental breakfast included in the room cost.

A beautiful place but you could be more hospitable.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank hmkay1225
CANADANE73, Owner at Fraser River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

We at the Fraser River Lodge appreciate all feedback and criticisms from our guests and take them all to heart. We strive to always provide the best service possible. In this case, we acknowledge that we were a little understaffed that day, even though we tried our very best to accommodate all our guests’ needs. When we host a wedding at our facility, the client books the venue exclusively, meaning they decide what services and extras to offer to their guests as they are the ones paying the bill. This client in particular decided not to order the breakfast so we honoured their wishes as this is an added expense for them. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, we are seriously considering different options for the future.

From the Fraser River Lodge Management Team

Reviewed 11 June 2012

It is hard to cramp in all the praises I have for this place. We had fantastic 7 days. My father, a keen hunter and fisherman, was turning 70 and I wanted to do something special for him so I invited the family to the Frasor River lodge from the our native Denmark. My wife and I flew in from Dubai.
The lodge is charismatic and a genuinely wonderful place to stay. It offers the creature comforts and luxuries an urban hotel but situated right on the banks of the Frasor River looking onto a spectacular mountain which leaves you with the feeling of having escaped to the wilderness.
Experience the sunrise over the mountain, while watching the bison grace by the river bank, wild geese landing on the calmer river pools and feel the excitement from spotting salmon and sturgeon leap all before 5.30 am is truly amazing.
The dining is off the top shelf. The chef was outstanding and the food plentiful. Finishing a great day with a single malt on the elevated out door decking or good BA red the right way to say good night.

The fishing was world class, delivering more catch that anyone ask for. I personally caught four types of salmon (and many of them), trout and sturgeon. The guides and lodge management were warm, welcoming and very professional.
Make sure to have them smoke some of the catch and they will send it to you when its done.

It was the best fishing trip I have been on and will be back for sure.

A special thanks to Patrick for making it such a memorable experience.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Zeuthen3519
CANADANE73, Owner at Fraser River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

It was great having you all here at our Lodge and a pleasure to meet your family and wife. Yes, fishing is defiantly better here than in Denmark and Dubai, right;)... I remember how excited and exhausted your father was after catching his very first sturgeon, what a great day...
Looking much forward to see you all again in the near future...

Best Patrick

Reviewed 9 June 2012

I stayed at the Fraser River Lodge for a couple of days when I was traveling Canada in May 2012. Usually I am not the kind of person that writes reviews about hotels or restaurants online, but I had the urge to share my experience about this superb lodge.
I came to Canada because so many people had told me about its beautiful nature, incredible fishing, hunting and wildlife. So I wanted to do all of that, but the fishing was my first priority. They arranged everything for me at the Lodge, I just booked my stay online and the rest was taken care of: accommodation, exquisite dinner, fishing equipment, fishing license, everything just went so perfectly smooth throughout my entire stay, I was impressed!
On top of that, the staff of the lodge was extremely friendly and competent, the rooms where neat and the lodge itself is absolutely gorgeous with a stunning view of the mountains.
All in all, my stay could not have been better, I can only recommend this establishment to anyone who enjoys quality accommodation, fine food and great fishing.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Pittipot
Also consider these accommodations in or near Agassiz
Harrison Beach Hotel
#2 of 9 in Chilliwack
Best Western Rainbow Country Inn
Hampton Inn By Hilton Chilliwack
Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa
Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Sp...
#2 of 8 in Harrison Hot Springs
Rowena's Inn on the River
Rowena's Inn on the River
#1 of 3 in Harrison Mills

Been to Fraser River Lodge? Share your experiences!