“Good meal, happy customers!”

Jack's Restaurant and Steakhouse
Ranked #10 of 22 Restaurants in Agassiz
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Wonderful selections of breakfast, lunch and dinner items to choose from. Made in house and cooked to order. Please note: Coupons must be printed to be redeemed we unable to scan from mobile devices.
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Took a friend here for her birthday lunch today. I had read some of the reviews and one said that the fish & chips were greasy. My husband had fish and chips and they were really good, and he thought the coleslaw was excellent. I had a cheeseburger and fries. It was also excellent and my friend had port schnitzel and salad. She enjoyed her lunch as well. The service was very good, no long waits. My only complaint was that I didn't have room for dessert! I will definitely go back there. Think I'll start eating dessert first and then my meal as the desserts were very tempting. We all enjoyed a very good meal.

1  Thank Marlene T

Reviewed 17 October 2013

The last few times that we've been here the food quality has been on a steady downward curve! Cold food items, tasteless food items, etc.. My husband ordered carbonera and it came without the noodles! The meat on my philly cheesesteak was tough and stringy and the jus was tasteless! Not a nice datenight tonight! :( We won't be going back to this restaurant any time soon!! Bleh!

4  Thank CtH1974
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

I went to jacks for lunch with my hubby , I ordered the calamari which came with soup and salad. The batter was very bland and tasted doughy, they changed the batter for the worse . The soup was bland as well cream of broccoli none to be tasted unfortunately . Service is always great and friendly though, would be nice to have a tasty meal with that great service:-) hubbies burger was good and Caesar salad excellent !

2  Thank sharm0
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Flies flying everywhere and AC seem to be on low on a hot summer weather....Cold Soup and sandwich served almost an hour....pricey! If we were not hungry, we were ready to walk out. washroom very tight. Only one good thing, there was chicken in my wraps.

1  Thank 95Faith
Effective1one, Owner at Jack's Restaurant and Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

I am very sorry that your experience wasn't a good one and do apologize about the AC. We had all the AC units go down at the beginning of summer and found out that there was a recall on the units and have spent the rest of the summer trying to get the AC company to replace the units and we are still trying but it hasn't been resolved. It does get really stuffy and hot and I am so sorry, we do on occasion open the doors to generate some air flow but can't do it for very long cause it does bring nature inside. We would like the opportunity to make this right as we do take pride in what we do and regret that everything wasn't a great experience. If you could please send me via Trip Advisor your contact information I would like the opportunity to make this up to you. Thank you for your feedback and have a great evening.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Small town...excellent eatery. Family oriented. Customer service is friendly and helpful, but the real story is the yummiest food at fair prices. We are newbies to the area and had or grand kids with us. They had kids menu with numerous selections including special drinks and ice cream deserts with whipping cream. Even before the deserts, our grand kids said it was an A Plus place.
Our gold schnitzel entree was perfect, hot, well presented and home made tasty. We will be back. Highly recommend. Enjoy!