“Cedar Springs Motel ~ Great place to stay in the Toronto area!”

Cedar Springs Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Georgetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I was recently traveling in the Toronto area and needed a place to stay for over a week and I didn't want to spend a fortune. I emailed the motel and they were very friendly and accommodating to me and they were able to give me a really great and affordable rate for staying multiple nights. This motel is not far of a drive from Toronto and the suburbs and was worth driving the little extra to stay at this motel instead of a closer motel. My room was peaceful and clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful and the satellite tv comes with all the best tv stations too. The next time I am in the Toronto area I will definitely be coming back here again.

Room Tip: If you need any accommodations call or email the motel and they will help you to meet your needs or...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Nonanonymous

Reviewed 22 July 2012

July 21, 2012 This place has mould in the bathroom, the windows do not open, the cement stairs to take you up to your room are falling apart; in places on the balcony they have indoor outdoor carpet that is rotting and curling - a real tripping hazzard. The clientele were folks who lives there and were drinking and smoking excessivley, and leering at people. You receive one bucket of ice, that is homemade from and ice tray and we were informed that that is our limit for the night. We arrived and departed quickly.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I've been here since January, and plan on staying up until August 31. It is a very nice Motel. Rooms are very nice, cozy and welcoming. The affordability is very nice, esp with my work term. Also the people are very welcoming, and always there for you if you have any questions, or concerns. Also, they try to help you straight away, AMAZING customer service.

Very pleased with my stay, and I'm sure I'll be amazed with the rest of my stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I came to Cedar Spring Motel on April 27,2012 and found that the rooms where nice and clean
and that the owner went out of his way to make my stay comfortable. I'm still at Cedar Spring
waiting to move in to my new home. Also my fiance and I decided to use the facilities for our
wedding in July 14. Found the weekly rates excellent. Would advice my guest for my wedding
to reside at the Motel during my wedding reception.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We had a reservation for two nights. We arrived at 11:30 p.m. after a long drive. When we checked in, I figured the room was going to be bad based on the unkept exterior and lobby. The room was worse that I thought. Orange carpet from the 70s with stains. Black hairs on the comforter and in the sheets. I am pretty sure there was blood on the wall next to the bed, but I didn't get close enough to confirm. The bathroom was extremely basic. We were given a thin towel and a bar of soap. I would guess some prisons have it better. The ONLY reason we slept here is that we had just driven 11 hours, and we were exhausted. The first thing I did the next morning was to make a reservation at another hotel nearby. We told the front desk that we were only staying for one night, and they refunded our money for the second night without a problem. My guess is that they've been through this before. Yes, it's cheap. But you don't get what you pay for.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nicole11211
Reviewed 23 June 2011

My family, friends and I were in Georgetown for the highland games and we decided to stay at Cedarsprings based on affordability and location. It was definitely the right decision as our rooms were kept clean and the service was excellent. We initially had trouble with the TV but the owner had no problems helping us immediately to switch out the satellite unit with a working one.

Cedarsprings is not a five star resort but for the price it is an excellent value lodging. When I come back next year for the games I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank C_Pettigrew
Reviewed 24 May 2011

My family and our extended family chose to stay at the Cedar Springs Motel while we were in Georgetown for a wedding. Unfortunately, this was one of the worst hotel/motel experiences in my entire life, made even more horrible because we had our little one year old daughter with us. The following details our visit to Cedar Springs Motel, a motel I will never visit again:

1) we were told these were smoke free rooms, however, the smell of smoke was overwhelming in our room. Even after a couple days back home, the smell of smoke is still on our jackets
2) the carpets were burned and stained, the fridge was a mess, the lighting fixtures on the wall were unsafe - overall the room was disgusting
3) the comforter on the bed smelled as if it had not been washed - the white sheets and pillow cases at least smelled clean
4) the bathroom was COVERED in mold - behind the toilet, and all over the bath tub
5) the bath tub facet came off in our hands when we turned it on
6) the beds were horrible and slumped in the middle

AND, my biggest concern is that my little one year old daughter found a condom wrapper just under the bed - thank God I saw it before she put it in her mouth. After that, I kept her on the bed and did not put her down anywhere in the room.

My extended family shared the same experiences with their rooms, and had these additional issues:

- my mother in law found the wall right behind her bed was covered in mold
- my sister in law found fecal matter smeared in the toilet, indicating that it had not been cleaned before she got into the room
- my nephews had a fridge leaking water all over the floor in their room; when they complained about it to the hotel manager they came in, unplugged the fridge and opened the fridge door - that is it. My nephews had to stay in that room with a puddle of water all over the floor.
- other guests could be heard telling hotel management that there was cockroaches in the rooms

I can't tell you how horrible my experience at this motel. I don't know what I expect from this review other than I hope some authority will hold the managers and owners of this place accountable for the type of accommodations they are offering people.

Room Tip: just don't go
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank MLeeT

Been to Cedar Springs Motel? Share your experiences!