“Sleep in your car better off”

Cedar Springs Motel
Ranked #3 of 4 Georgetown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 September 2012

I work in construction, spend alot of time on the road and in various hotels and motels. This in my 10 years of out of town work is the worst place i have ever stayed. I usually love to have a nice shower after work but the shower leaked more then what came out of the head. The caulking was full of mould, but the holes in the walls in the rooms filled with gobs of caulking were not ( a Bonus i guess)There was no soap or shampoo supplied, sorry no wait there was the tic tac bar of soap, but thats it. Best have your own bottle water or cups as they dont provide any cups to drink water or anything that one would like. The room was very musty. Tv was old and you had to get out of the bed to turn it off.... the bed . Well good thing i had work clothes on that day cuz i needed them to sleep in the bed and on top of the seets as the sweat and pee stains under neath were too much to bare. The tv sat in front of the fridge in the way of the doorway to adjoining room, where there was no closet door and the shelves were falling down. The small table and chairs in the room were a nice touch but the chairs were old very dirty and stained corderoy material and were damp and smelly. I brought my laptop to the front desk to explain that i wanted to have a room that the post on their website but was told they were taken. I explained my displeasure with my room and was basically told i could have room 104 which was comparable to room 11. STAY away from room 11. Talking to other tradesman staying in the hotel we all shared the same views. At 100 dollars for 2 people a night you can find a far cleaner place 5 minutes down the road in the actual town of Georgetown. Please dont be fooled by the site it really is a HOLE. If i can get back on here i will post photos i took

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank Dickie D

Reviewed 7 September 2012

I was recently traveling in the Toronto area and needed a place to stay for over a week and I didn't want to spend a fortune. I emailed the motel and they were very friendly and accommodating to me and they were able to give me a really great and affordable rate for staying multiple nights. This motel is not far of a drive from Toronto and the suburbs and was worth driving the little extra to stay at this motel instead of a closer motel. My room was peaceful and clean and the staff are very friendly and helpful and the satellite tv comes with all the best tv stations too. The next time I am in the Toronto area I will definitely be coming back here again.

Room Tip: If you need any accommodations call or email the motel and they will help you to meet your needs or...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Nonanonymous
Reviewed 22 July 2012

July 21, 2012 This place has mould in the bathroom, the windows do not open, the cement stairs to take you up to your room are falling apart; in places on the balcony they have indoor outdoor carpet that is rotting and curling - a real tripping hazzard. The clientele were folks who lives there and were drinking and smoking excessivley, and leering at people. You receive one bucket of ice, that is homemade from and ice tray and we were informed that that is our limit for the night. We arrived and departed quickly.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mary B
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I've been here since January, and plan on staying up until August 31. It is a very nice Motel. Rooms are very nice, cozy and welcoming. The affordability is very nice, esp with my work term. Also the people are very welcoming, and always there for you if you have any questions, or concerns. Also, they try to help you straight away, AMAZING customer service.

Very pleased with my stay, and I'm sure I'll be amazed with the rest of my stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I came to Cedar Spring Motel on April 27,2012 and found that the rooms where nice and clean
and that the owner went out of his way to make my stay comfortable. I'm still at Cedar Spring
waiting to move in to my new home. Also my fiance and I decided to use the facilities for our
wedding in July 14. Found the weekly rates excellent. Would advice my guest for my wedding
to reside at the Motel during my wedding reception.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2011

We had a reservation for two nights. We arrived at 11:30 p.m. after a long drive. When we checked in, I figured the room was going to be bad based on the unkept exterior and lobby. The room was worse that I thought. Orange carpet from the 70s with stains. Black hairs on the comforter and in the sheets. I am pretty sure there was blood on the wall next to the bed, but I didn't get close enough to confirm. The bathroom was extremely basic. We were given a thin towel and a bar of soap. I would guess some prisons have it better. The ONLY reason we slept here is that we had just driven 11 hours, and we were exhausted. The first thing I did the next morning was to make a reservation at another hotel nearby. We told the front desk that we were only staying for one night, and they refunded our money for the second night without a problem. My guess is that they've been through this before. Yes, it's cheap. But you don't get what you pay for.

Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Nicole11211
Reviewed 23 June 2011

My family, friends and I were in Georgetown for the highland games and we decided to stay at Cedarsprings based on affordability and location. It was definitely the right decision as our rooms were kept clean and the service was excellent. We initially had trouble with the TV but the owner had no problems helping us immediately to switch out the satellite unit with a working one.

Cedarsprings is not a five star resort but for the price it is an excellent value lodging. When I come back next year for the games I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank C_Pettigrew

Been to Cedar Springs Motel? Share your experiences!