“A great time had by all” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Burlington Amusement Park

Burlington Amusement Park
Ranked #3 of 14 things to do in Kensington
More attraction details
Owner description: Atlantic Canada's Premiere Karting Faility, Featuring three exciting go-kart tracks, PEI's only batting cages, PEI's only kiddy go-karts, bumper cars, bumper boats, mini golf and more. Located in the heart of PEI's North Shore.
St. Augustine, Florida
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“A great time had by all”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

It is a bit of a drive from Charlottetown but that's a greatness of PEI!
We purchased 4 arm bands and it was expensive. Roughly $88 but it was WORTH it! My kids loved it! My husband loved it and I loved it! Yes, there were only 3 out of the four bumper boats working but they were great fun! We got there early so things had to be started up so you had to wait 3 or 4 extra mins!
We splashed and bumped in our boats and had a great time! The kids 7 & 9 had a little bit of trouble steering and ended up in the corners...but the young men there helps them out and pushed them back into the "pool".
Then we headed to the race track! It was fun and fast! Everyone had their own kart and had fun. The 7 year old had a little bit of trouble and when off the road twice but again the workers helped her and got her back on track! Haha
The next go around, she drove with an adult. Not as comfy for her or me, but safer!!! You do go fast!!!!
Then it was on to the bumper cars! Absolutely, the best time! We rode them about 50 times! Since there was very few people, we just kept asking to stay on and they agreed! It was a great time!
We spent 4 hours there and could have stayed longer!!! It was fun! It is NOT the newest and greatest...but it is PEI fun!

Visited July 2014

Cambridge
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 171 helpful votes
“Good for passing a couple of hours”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Set your expectations. This is just a small facility in farmland that has a small gokart track, a batting cage, bumper cars and boats as well as a mini golf course. You wont be going home with lifelong memories of the place but it's a nice place to have some fun for a couple of hours. We paid $20 each for two rounds with the go karts plus 3 other activities of our choice. It seemed to be about the same value as going to a movie.

Visited July 2014
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Not worth the drive.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

The go carts here are old and run down. The track is bumpy and covered in dirt and rocks. My partner's go cart died after one lap and the staff didn't even attempt to fire up another one, although they did reimburse us. I went here as a teenager and thought it was great, but it certainly has gone down hill and has the feeling of being neglected. It's also located out in the middle of nowhere and is not worth the drive.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Tripsalot_5000
Dartmouth, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Sounds/looks much better in the ads...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

We visited on a Sunday, Sept. 15. The person/people who own/run this establishment have put a fair amount of effort into making it very clear about size restrictions on the go-carts. Oddly enough, even though it wasn't very busy that day, I had to deal with 3 different children who were very clearly too small to properly control these carts.
On my first 5 lap session, there was a child who was very dangerous to drive around because he was pretty much just hanging onto the steering wheel. Except for the two laps that he spent off the track stuck in the grass, I was stuck behind him, because he was always very erratic and would steer into the front of my cart every time I tried to pass. This was unintentional on his part.
On my second 5 lap session, there was another child like the one described above, plus another sweet little boy who didn't like being passed. Even though it is written in big block letters on the rear of every cart, "NO BUMPING", he tried very hard to force me off the track twice. This WAS intentional.
I don't understand why they don't simply allow these younger drivers to go on the track with family only. It wasn't busy. I would have happily waited to go 5 minutes later, had it been explained to me what was going on. I didn't think to examine all the drivers before getting into my cart, because I simply assumed that all small children would be in the two seater carts with a driver of adequate size/ability.
Basically, we each spent $8 for each 5 lap session. There were children driving, who should have been driving on their other track for smaller children. The carts were certainly not in great shape. Most people walked away from the carts with wet behinds because the seats were all wet. And, to top it all off, the proverbial icing on the cake was a teen-age boy playing in the kiddie's play house with all the plastic balls, which is inside by the ticket counter. He was throwing ball after ball out into the public area where people had to go to purchase tickets. The staff SHOULD HAVE put an end to his nonsense immediately...they did nothing...shame on them...shame on him...and double shame on his parents/guardians.
Needless to say, I'll never return, and I'll tell everybody who will listen about my experience.

Visited September 2013
5 Thank Cliff1024
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great Go Karts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

This is the place for go kart enthusiasts with its' fast karts and long, winding track. The park also has Nascar style karts on an oval, a nice mini putt golf course and other attractions like bumper cars and bumper boats on a scenic property with a great river view. Suitable for families with children, although there are height minimum's for operating go karts solo ... otherwise smaller kids ride with a parent in a double kart. Good place when the weather is not the best for beach time or water parks.

Visited September 2012