“Good food!”
Review of The Home Place Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kensington
The Home Place Inn
Ranked #4 of 6 Kensington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We enjoyed our supper here at The Home Place. The food was very good and the service was great. I only wish we didn't wait to the end of our visit to PEI to eat here as I would have liked to have eaten here again. Oh well, there is always next time we visit the Island.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TheFortTravels

Reviewed 14 July 2012

The Home Place Inn provided us with a cozy and comfortable setting to relax after numerous hours on the road and several hours sightseeing. The staff were friendly, polite and hospitable and catered to our needs and minor concerns in a timely manner. It was important to the owners that minor client concerns (faulty door locks) were tended to as soon as possible, and that clients were compensated appropriately for any inconveniences. Our room was spacious and clean and breakfast offered a variety of choices. Both breakfasts were creative, filling and healthy and served with a smile and friendly conversation. A lunch/dinner restaurant in the building provided an additional convenience for travellers.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JessicaP81
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Concerns about safety: faulty locks gets one stuck in a small room, w/ peeling wallpaper, and food safety (hands go from dirty table washcloths and tables to the phone to hand shakes and then direclty to food prep.) I ahve informed this rating agnecy that they may wish to make an unplaned appearnace since thier logo is being used on website of The Home Place to lend credibilty.
Lack of parking, POOR service in ALL areas, they are busy trying to run a restarant with untrained personnel & their B&B clearly takes a distant 2nd. (My e-mail to the owner did lead to her calling me with an apology (appreciated) but no offer for my inconveniences (unless you count a future free night which I told her I would not be able to use since it would be years before I had the opportunity to return. She did not offer to rebate any of of my 2 night stay.)

Room Tip: Choose a different B&B if you want what one would typically call the B&B experience.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Maggie S
IEnjoyTravel22, Owner at The Home Place Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

I wish to thank-you again for your comments. I fail to understand after our phone conversation and your expressed appreciation for my calling, how you could put such unfounded comments. My staff and I make our guest's stay as enjoyable as possible and for this we receive many great comments and repeat visits. I have run my business for over 15 years and send my staff on customer service and food safety training courses annually. I am very proud of my staff and facility.

Regards
Glenda Burt
Owner

Reviewed 3 July 2012

I travel a lot, both for work and for myself. I have been to lots of good places and just as many never going back again places. The Home Place Inn is the best place I have ever been to. It is located in the quaint town of Kensington. From the moment I walked through the front door, I was more than welcomed. The owner and staff go far above and beyond to make your stay one to remember. The room was more than comfortable and the meals are out of this world. I could never have enough good to say about The Home Place Inn. I will be back many more times and would HIGHLY recommend it as the place to stay in PEI.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Bruce A
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Glenda is not only a wonderful Chef, but she is a wonderful Hostess! This inn belongs to Glenda and she ensures that your stay there is comfortable and restful. We booked a room and Glenda was there to take care of whatever we needed and ensured that we got a three course breakfast the next day,coffee unlimited. A great place to stay and lots of privacy!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Glenda Burt has created a gem on PEI. In addition to being an amazing gourmet chef, Glenda has surrounded herself with a friendly, talented, and highly competent team who attend to food and hospitality needs in this charming bed and breakfast AND restaurant in Kensington. The food was outstanding, and we had the bonus of having our room just upstairs. Our room was comfortable, complete and refreshed daily by the extraordinary Jacqueline who also greets overnight guests to breakfast, lunch, and, as needed into the dinner hour. Kendra and Victoria were among our fave servers who made us feel more like family than guests, but we were very pleased with the great service from the entire crew. Glenda's calm and professional demeanor is very endearing. She came out of the kitchen on several occasions during our stay to greet us and ensure that all was going well for us. We ate all but two of our meals at the Home Place during the five days we spent on PEI. We hope to return someday and we heartily recommend this wonderful place to those traveling to PEI. Kensington is an ideal location from which to visit many of the highlights on the Island, and is just half a mile away from the Confederation Bike trail.

Room Tip: Room 3 has a sunken heart-shaped jacuzzi tub, and shower, and a king bed.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SandyandDave
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My wife and I stayed at this B&B for 3 nights! We found the room to be cozy, the Breakfasts were awesome, and our whole experience on PEI was made better by the helpful staff and owner of this Awesome B&B!
Thanks we will surely stay with you again!

All the best
Simon & Chantal

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank simonsays2001
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kensington
Slemon Park Hotel & Conference Centre
Kindred Spirits Country Inn & Cottages
Canadas Best Value Inn and Suites
Loyalist Lakeview Resort Summerside
Resort at Cavendish Corner
Resort at Cavendish Corner
#5 of 8 in Cavendish
Summerside Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to The Home Place Inn? Share your experiences!