The Home Place Inn
US$116
US$109
Travelocity
Good 3.5/5
Causeway Bay Hotel(Summerside)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$54
US$52
Travelocity
Good 3.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My husband and I frequently choose B&B's when we travel, both at home in the US and abroad. The Home Place is one of the best! I have to admit that I tend to plan my daily itinerary around food and the breakfasts here are AMAZING. Best I've had at any B&B. Dinner is fantastic here as well (try the lobster-stuffed mushrooms). We stayed in Room #2 and really enjoyed having the private balcony--great place for a glass of wine and a good book at the end of the day! The staff was friendly and helpful. The location is great as well. Kensington puts you close to all the North Shore attractions as well as Summerside and Charlottetown. We'll be back to The Home Place when we return to the Island in late September.

Room Tip: All the rooms are cute and comfy. Room #2 has a balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Melissa N
Reviewed 12 August 2012

The restaurant attached to the Inn was impressive. The food choices offered were varied and healthy. The food was excellent and in my opinion the restaurant offered some of the best food on the Island. Breakfast was great as well. The cinnamon bun melted in your mouth. The room I stayed in was quaint. It felt a bit dated and small but it was clean and the value was pretty good. The bathroom was also quite small but manageable. The owner and chef Glenda was great. I wish her all the best! Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Anita I
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We enjoyed our supper here at The Home Place. The food was very good and the service was great. I only wish we didn't wait to the end of our visit to PEI to eat here as I would have liked to have eaten here again. Oh well, there is always next time we visit the Island.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TheFortTravels
Reviewed 14 July 2012

The Home Place Inn provided us with a cozy and comfortable setting to relax after numerous hours on the road and several hours sightseeing. The staff were friendly, polite and hospitable and catered to our needs and minor concerns in a timely manner. It was important to the owners that minor client concerns (faulty door locks) were tended to as soon as possible, and that clients were compensated appropriately for any inconveniences. Our room was spacious and clean and breakfast offered a variety of choices. Both breakfasts were creative, filling and healthy and served with a smile and friendly conversation. A lunch/dinner restaurant in the building provided an additional convenience for travellers.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JessicaP81
Reviewed 10 July 2012

Concerns about safety: faulty locks gets one stuck in a small room, w/ peeling wallpaper, and food safety (hands go from dirty table washcloths and tables to the phone to hand shakes and then direclty to food prep.) I ahve informed this rating agnecy that they may wish to make an unplaned appearnace since thier logo is being used on website of The Home Place to lend credibilty.
Lack of parking, POOR service in ALL areas, they are busy trying to run a restarant with untrained personnel & their B&B clearly takes a distant 2nd. (My e-mail to the owner did lead to her calling me with an apology (appreciated) but no offer for my inconveniences (unless you count a future free night which I told her I would not be able to use since it would be years before I had the opportunity to return. She did not offer to rebate any of of my 2 night stay.)

Room Tip: Choose a different B&B if you want what one would typically call the B&B experience.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Maggie S
IEnjoyTravel22, Owner at The Home Place Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

I wish to thank-you again for your comments. I fail to understand after our phone conversation and your expressed appreciation for my calling, how you could put such unfounded comments. My staff and I make our guest's stay as enjoyable as possible and for this we receive many great comments and repeat visits. I have run my business for over 15 years and send my staff on customer service and food safety training courses annually. I am very proud of my staff and facility.

Regards