“Wonderful Inn and Restaurant”
Review of The Home Place Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kensington
The Home Place Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Kensington B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Our room (#1) was comfortable, clean, and there were robes for us to wear, we could not have asked for more. The staff made sure that our bikes were put away in the shed, showed us to our room, and asked us to let them know if we needed anything else. Dinner was outstanding, it was truly gourmet. This is the first place I have ever eaten where the chef actually catered to my unusual tastes. When I asked our server, who was also one of the highlights of our dinner, about the ingredients of one of the dishes, and asked if it could be made without cream, the chef, Allison, came out and suggested things she could add in place of the cream in the sauce. I agreed to her suggestion of coconut milk and was unbelievably pleased with the result. I mopped up the sauce and left a clean plate! The server was one of the highlights because she was there when we needed her and not there when we didn't. She didn't hover nor did we have long waits for her. One thing she did which I particularly appreciated, was that she did not remove my empty plate while my partner was still eating. At breakfast the next morning Glenda was the chef and she too had suggestions about dishes and or modifications of dishes which would be satisfactory.

Overall, the stay at the Home Place Inn was the highlight of our bicycle trip across PEI. I can highly recommend the Home Place Inn as a place to stay and as a restaurant at which to dine. It is very convenient to the Confederation Trail and, when you are on a bike, it is nice not to have to bike to dinner and back.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Psych_prof
There are newer reviews for The Home Place Inn

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Exceeded our expectations. Real homemade gourmet food as good as the best metropolitan restaurants. Quiet and friendly. The honeymoon suite is a real treat, with a supremely comfortable bed and a jacuzzi.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Aubanel
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We just spent 2 nights at the Home Place Inn B&B in Kensington, PEI and found the accommodations and breakfasts wonderful. The room (#2) was quaint and comfortable, with attention to small details such as a piece of chocolate to have with the individual coffee brewer, fluffy robes and iPOD docking station. Very comfortable bed! This room has a large balcony overlooking the street below, which was a nice option to sit and enjoy a glass of wine. We had dinner in the dining room which was very good, and the breakfast the next 2 mornings were nicely presented and delicious. Attention to detail with the food and the room make this a great place to call home while traveling. Would definitely recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: May be quieter to choose a room not facing street.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank canadiannana
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My husband and I frequently choose B&B's when we travel, both at home in the US and abroad. The Home Place is one of the best! I have to admit that I tend to plan my daily itinerary around food and the breakfasts here are AMAZING. Best I've had at any B&B. Dinner is fantastic here as well (try the lobster-stuffed mushrooms). We stayed in Room #2 and really enjoyed having the private balcony--great place for a glass of wine and a good book at the end of the day! The staff was friendly and helpful. The location is great as well. Kensington puts you close to all the North Shore attractions as well as Summerside and Charlottetown. We'll be back to The Home Place when we return to the Island in late September.

Room Tip: All the rooms are cute and comfy. Room #2 has a balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Melissa N
Reviewed 12 August 2012

The restaurant attached to the Inn was impressive. The food choices offered were varied and healthy. The food was excellent and in my opinion the restaurant offered some of the best food on the Island. Breakfast was great as well. The cinnamon bun melted in your mouth. The room I stayed in was quaint. It felt a bit dated and small but it was clean and the value was pretty good. The bathroom was also quite small but manageable. The owner and chef Glenda was great. I wish her all the best! Thanks for a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Anita I
Reviewed 31 July 2012

We enjoyed our supper here at The Home Place. The food was very good and the service was great. I only wish we didn't wait to the end of our visit to PEI to eat here as I would have liked to have eaten here again. Oh well, there is always next time we visit the Island.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank TheFortTravels
Reviewed 14 July 2012

The Home Place Inn provided us with a cozy and comfortable setting to relax after numerous hours on the road and several hours sightseeing. The staff were friendly, polite and hospitable and catered to our needs and minor concerns in a timely manner. It was important to the owners that minor client concerns (faulty door locks) were tended to as soon as possible, and that clients were compensated appropriately for any inconveniences. Our room was spacious and clean and breakfast offered a variety of choices. Both breakfasts were creative, filling and healthy and served with a smile and friendly conversation. A lunch/dinner restaurant in the building provided an additional convenience for travellers.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JessicaP81
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kensington
Slemon Park Hotel & Conference Centre
Kindred Spirits Country Inn & Cottages
Loyalist Lakeview Resort Summerside
Canadas Best Value Inn and Suites
Summerside Inn Bed and Breakfast
Resort at Cavendish Corner
Resort at Cavendish Corner
#5 of 8 in Cavendish

Been to The Home Place Inn? Share your experiences!