“should be named Nirvana”

and 1 more site!
La Buena Vibra Retreat & Spa
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Tepoztlan
Reviewed 8 July 2013

the natural views, the amazing service, the architecture and details of this place are amazing, the reading rooms, meditating room, not to mention the amazing kitchen, and SPA, the temazcal, its a beaut.

Room Tip: Try not to take kids, its a retreat place, no screaming, running, necessary.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for La Buena Vibra Retreat & Spa

Reviewed 27 May 2013

We ventured over to Tepoztlan from Guadalajara last weekend and had an excellent time. Go here if you want to relax and get away from the rat race for a few days. Very tranquil place. Juan Bautista was there day and night to get anything we requested. Paul, the owner, was very accommodating. We will go back the next time we want to disconnect from cell phones, emails, etc.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2013

The hotel is gorgeous, the rooms spotlessly clean and comfortable. The grounds beautiful beyond description. But even beyond that, the owners are worth the trip alone. Tanya and Paul are interesting, gracious and lots of fun. Tanya's Yoga class is a special treat. Then there is the restaurant and Juan and Alicia - English speaking and charming, so helpful for those of us who do not speak Spanish. The food is marvelous. I can't imagine what more one could want. I do advise that the streets in Tepoztlan are all cobble stone and have big holes, so if you are driving you need to be brave.

Room Tip: I do not think there is a bad room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Well, my husband and I stayed for two nights only but would recommend staying for two weeks!This hotel is magical, with a special, wonderful, relaxing atmosphere. We stayed during the week which was quiet and exactly what we wanted. Even though it was quiet, the service (Juan and wife deserve a special mention) and quality of food was exceptional. The treatments were good although the language barrier meant they were not explained fully. The suite we were given overlooked the mountain and was beautifully appointed. I have recommended this hotel to many people. I understand it is very busy every weekend.

Room Tip: The rooms overlooking the mountain and garden are gorgeous, very well appointed, big, lovely bathroo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I have been blessed and very grateful to have been able to spend 2 unforgettable weeks in La Buena Vibra- one of the most magical, spiritual and beautiful places in the world.

I will always remember the feeling and the view when I woke up on my first morning and draw the curtains after travelling 34 hours and arriving in a dark. I texted to my friends and sent photos as I truly believed that I had woken up in a Paradise!!!

I had heard stories about the spiritual vibes of this area but I wanted to find out myself what exactly everyone meant by calling it so magical and special.
It guess it was my sceptical nature, this little annoying feeling inside, asking to question everything in life but funnily enough, in some magical way it disappeared after the first breakfast and never came back...
I suppose you have to be there to experience it yourself but I guarantee, magic does exist in this place!!!

Very soon after arriving the rest of the world started distancing itself away and I was left with the breathtaking gardens, morning runs (I am practising for a marathon and I can see how most people would not consider it as a treat to start their holiday with a jog but comparing to London’s grey and rainy mornings, it was a real treat!!) and yoga classes with views over the surrounding mountains, learning to meditate and having one of the greatest, freshest food in the world. Afternoons in the nearby stunning towns, climbing Tepozteca, listening live music, dining in sweet little restaurants and dancing the night away or counting stars in a Jacuzzi before dinner or bedtime.

I loved the spa area where I had a very nice facial and enjoyed just sitting around sometimes, reading a book or having that quiet moment with myself that seems to be so difficult to find at home.
It was easy in La Buena Vibra as the whole place has been built and created with so much love and care and followed by so many Feng Shui principles. The negativity of the society we have to live in every day and the problems we face seemed to be million miles away.

And yes, everyone should try at least once in their lifetime the Temazcal! Full of surprises follwed by the yummiest tea afterwards!
Also do ask for the banana bread at the restaurant, it is freshly made every day and melts in your mouth.

It is a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful place and if I did speak Spanish I would have probably stayed there forever.

A huge hug and thank you to Paul and Tanya for the most amazing holiday, for the warmest welcome in your home and family and the beautiful fireworks on New Year’s Eve!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Alis K
Reviewed 2 January 2013

I have never stayed a night at the hotel but I have been two times at the restaurant and four at the spa. The hotel is a fancy adults only. The decoration is beautiful with Budas and Ganesh paintings on the mud walls. They have a very nice meditation salon, gym, a very relaxing garden with beautiful flowers, an awesome view from the Tepozteco and a pool and very few rooms.
The restaurant is great, kids friendly. Delicious mexican food with organic ingredients right from their own garden. Everything is great but the spa. It's not bad either and I haven't found anything better, that's why I keep coming back.
I always like to rate every single detail about a spa. And for the price I pay there, I always expect more:
The cabins are very pretty with mexican decoration, but they are cold at winter and they don't have heat all the times, so you can get cold during the massage. Don't expect bathdrobes or sandals. I asked for a glass of water one time and they told me they didn't have any glasses. They don't have teas, almonds, raisins or anything to eat or drink before or after your massage. They have been a little late two of the four times I've been there. There is an open door jacuzzi right in front of the cabins but I have never seen it work. The same happens with the steam area. Most of the times somebody knocked the door and interrumpted the sesion, and even that it wasn't in a very loud way, I didn't liked that. Sometimes the music is good and sometimes I asked to turn it off. The terapists are average. They even gave me a 10 percent off this last time, because of all this. Again, for a $140 dls massage, I would expect some of these things, but some how it is still a good experience if you want a moment for relax. It worths the visit, but if I find a better one, I will let you know!

By the way, they are about to open a family area in the hotel, separated from the adults only.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2012

My husband and I went to the Buena Vibra last weekend for a retreat and fell in love! The details and the energy there are incredible, the name is perfect! The room is gorgeous as well as the grounds, location, etc... We did temezcal, which at first seemed very pricey to me. I have done several before, but I have to admit, it was worth it. It was very traditional, and refreshing! We would definitely recommend it, well worth every penny! Congratulations to the owners on such a perfect resort!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple