“High Expectations”
Review of Villas Flamingos

Villas Flamingos
Ranked #3 of 20 Hotels in Holbox Island
Reviewed 20 February 2013

We came to Holbox Island after a good look at the out of the usual places to go. The views of the beach and sea is better than imagined. The staff seem to try their best and the complex is kept clean. Our suite was kept to the bare minimum of furniture and the only thing worth noting is as others have mentioned the Eco intervention. As a place to relax it's great but if you want more from your holiday there's not much to do apart from the wildlife and marine activities.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 19 February 2013

In general the trip was a long one. The hotel was as advertised but seemed a bit lacking in the simple luxuries and the small details that I'm sure would be fine for younger people but at my age I need them. The beacefront view is magical from dusk to dawn and although I understand this hotel is trying to be eco friendly when it interferes with things working efficiently I'm afraid I become a bit of a dinosaur. Simple breakfast but then it would be difficult to mess up that one. In my opinion this is the most beautiful Island but eco hotels are not for me.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 February 2013

I was very satisfied with the hotel, very nice stuff who tried to make our holiday the best! I'll gladly recommend it! Also a + for the eco- thinking! Very comfortable beds with a lot of space and a different kind of shower :) A lot of special animals tjat we don't see in our part of the world!

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 7 February 2013

We had an absolutely love week in Villas Flamingos.
Breakfast is relly good your choice of egg or omelett, with bread, fruitsallad, Juice and Coffe.
Staff is friendly and helpful.

Beautiful beach and pool. Nice bar with swings.
Bungalows are just beautiful. We had an Jacuzzi on the upper level.
20 minutes walk to the little town.

Loved it! We´ll be back for sure! :)

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank annaontravel
Reviewed 2 February 2013

In short this was a fantastic situated hotel right on a beautiful beach. Staff was very nice and always very helpfull. All food and drinks we had at the hotel were excellent. At breakfast there were not so much to choose from but it was still ok. Rooms were clean and even the toilets were good even if we had our doubts before coming. We warly recommend this hotel and we will for sure try to come back.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank AnnaRobban
Reviewed 8 January 2013

Made a reservation at this hotel 3 months prior to traveling. I took a 4 hour flight from Tijuana to Cancun, then a 2 hour drive from Cancun to Chiquila (the port to Holbox), then a 20 minute ferry to the island, then a 10 minute golf cart ride from the port to this hotel. When I got there they told me they had a problem with the reservation and that they would reimburse me for the nights I paid, since there were no rooms available. I was close to place a legal claim but since I was on vacation I tried not to get so out of control. Anyways, I was thankful they did not get me a room there since when I took a look the place was horrible. A super small pool (if you can call it that, looks more like a frog pond to me), the place littered with trash, and only one person on reception who seems to be the maid/waiter/receptionist and manager of this "hotel". My suggestion is never stay here... Even so, if you make a reservation directly at the hotel, its is very possible you wont get a room anyway. I recommend Villas del Paraiso, which is just meters away.

Room Tip: If in Holbox, stay at Villas del Paraiso, Casa Sandra or Las Nubes. These are the real best.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maurixio M
Reviewed 13 December 2012

Been in Holbox for a couple of times and last time i stayed in Villas Flamingos. A great hotel with the best position to the ocean. Nice food and very nice people that is working at the hotel. Thank you for a good experience!
/ Sweden

Holbox Dream Beach Front Hotel by Xperience Hotels
CasaSandra Boutique Hotel
CasaSandra Boutique Hotel
#11 of 20 in Holbox Island

Been to Villas Flamingos? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Villas Flamingos

Address: Calle Paso Kuka s/n Playa Norte, Holbox Island 77310, Mexico
Region: Mexico > Yucatan Peninsula > Quintana Roo > Holbox Island
Bar / Lounge Beach Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#2 Spa Hotel in Holbox Island
#3 On the Beach Hotel in Holbox Island
Price Range: £156 - £506 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Villas Flamingos 3.5*
The property features 29 beautifully decorated bungalows; all of them with a stunning ocean view. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Villas Flamingos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Villas Flamingos Hotel Holbox Island