Beachfront Hotel La Palapa Adult Oriented
Amaite Hotel & Spa(Holbox Island)
US$190
US$118
  • Beachfront
Hotel Villas Delfines(Holbox Island)
US$115
US$111
  • Pool
Las Nubes De Holbox(Holbox Island)
US$342
US$337
US$157
US$113
  • Beachfront
Casa BlatHa(Holbox Island)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$59
  • Restaurant
Casa Maya Holbox(Holbox Island)
US$86
US$76
Casa Takywara(Holbox Island)
Priceline
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewspalm treesconch shellsgreat balconythird floorshower headplenty of chairstop floorocean viewother hotelslounge chairsair conditionin townloved this hotelbeach towelswonderful hotelceiling fancancun airport
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This was our second time at La Palapa and hopefully we can visit again soon . I can't say enough about how well the staff treat the guests. Brenda and Robert went out of their way to provide us with excellent service. We had initially booked into the cute little Bungalow at the back of the property. Loved it. Hidden & quiet. After a few nights a small maintenance problem cropped up that required us to move. Brenda immediately moved us to an upgraded room for the balance of our stay for no extra cost. All the staff from the groundskeepers to the housekeepers seem to genuinely care about the guests. it is a very pleasant atmosphere.
I can't speak to the complimentary breakfast because we never tried it. We prefer to have coffee and cereal in the room rather than a sit down breakfast. I can say that we had a lunch and dinner at the onsite restaurant and they were both excellent. It was one of the best meals I enjoyed in Mexico. And the Mojitos are outstanding! We had them several times as a mid-afternoon refreshment.
Holbox Island may be a little hard to get to but it's probably my favorite place in Mexico.
I wish I was looking at one of those gorgeous Holbox sunsets right now rather than the snow-piles in front of my house!

Room Tip: If you have any mobility issues, avoid the upper floors. Lots of stairs. Some Steep.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We needed a vacation and this turned out to be a perfect place to bring two small children and relax. It is mostly nice and quiet (did have one night with loud teenagers) and the location cant be better for access to the village and the restaurants there. The grounds people there are lovely and the staff nice and accommodating. It is lovely to be next to the sea, when you are at the hotel it is the only thing you will hear. We wanted a simple thing at this it is.
The only bother is the hugely expensive ride from the airport. We ended up paying a good 350 US dollars return for two people through the hotel provided service- there must be cheaper ways but we didnt find it.
We partly chose the place because of the good reviews of the restaurant, but it was pretty disappointing. The included breakfast is only a slight step up from a motel serve yourself continental breakfast. Horrible orange juice and dry toast. Dont bother.
The owner of the restaurant seems to have convinced himself that he is doing fine Italian dining with prices to follow, but the food really commonplace and the restaurant would not survive in any other place. We has spinach served as rocket and canned mushrooms for funghi affumicati (smoked mushrooms).
So go there to La palapa but not for the restaurant, there is so much great food to be had in the village. There is a lovely little Mexican place next door with a morning and afternoon menu- all of it delicious.

Room Tip: Take the ones furthest from the restaurant. The restaurant plays the same loop of tunes everyday, and it will drive you nuts after a while
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 March 2013 via mobile

It is an amazing place to stay just 2 steps away from te beautiful beach I can't rave enough about this place however since I am in the service industry I guess I am a little picky and their restaurant was not the best, waiter too serious and when asked if I could have some tortillas they said they don't manage that in te restaurant, which restaurant in Mexico doesn't serve tortillas??? Only this one I guess!! However the hotel staff very great allowed me to check in late and room was clean everything amazing except restaurant. I do recommend this place to anyone wanting to stay in Isla Holbox

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We wanted to find a new place to relax and this hotel/restaurant were better than expected. Hotel staff could not have been more helpful from travel arrangements before we got there to assisting with departure plans and everything in between. If you want Las Vegas then you should go there because this is the anti-Las Vegas. i can't say enough GREAT things about the restaurant and staff. Owner 'Giuseppe Genovese' became a friend by the end of our stay because of ALL the GREAT food and service. I wish I could cook a well as he does.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed 8 Nights from 10th Feb
We were so pleased when we arrived as La Palapa is so different from standard hotels in a lovely tropical setting.
Perfectly situated just a 2min walk to the main square of Holbox its just so easy to get into town to discover the delightful restaurants and bars. I have to say the locals are just perfect hosts, no one was hard selling on the beach or in the town, we just seemed to mingle in. Holbox Carnival was on for three of the nights we were there which was really good fun and very friendly.
Hotel rooms are good size and cleaned daily, bed linnen and towels were so clean and fresh. Bathrooms clean and practical so we have nothing but praise about the rooms.
The other facilities are the amazing beach on your doorstep and a very good restaurant set under coconut palm roof.
The whole site is well run by Robert and Brenda who are perfect hosts and their team pay a great deal of attention to making everything perfect including the rakeing of the sandy floors.
We are returning in the summer because we enjoyed our stay.
If i can make one recomendation put a mini safe in the bedrooms.
Do worry book this hotel you will not be disapointed.

• Stayed: February 2013