“did not get any sleep because of all night roof top party”
Review of Baktun Hotel

Baktun Hotel
Ranked #21 of 34 Holbox Island B&B and Inns
chicago,il
“did not get any sleep because of all night roof top party”
Reviewed 9 August 2009

The rooms are on the second and third floors. There is a nice rooftop area with a view of the surrounding area and ocean. The problem is that the hotel allowed the use of the rooftop the entire evening for a party and hangout for people that were not even staying at the hotel. Loud music and all night sounds. Even when they turned down the music, we still could hear it and every sound made... walking, dragging furniture used as lounges and beds. Our room was directly below where most of the people were hanging out and every sound echoed in the room. At 4:00 am when some of the loudest revelers were driven home, there still remained a number of people talking and making noise. The hotel asked them to turn down the music, but it did not help. They should not have allowed an all night party to keep the hotel guests from getting any sleep. I would not recommend the hotel to anyone other than those who did not want to get any sleep. Poor management. I would love to hear from hotel elements. When we mentioned the problem as we left, we got a blank stare

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Boston
Reviewed 5 August 2009

As a solo traveler, I thought Holbox would be an interesting locale to explore since I would be celebrating my 49th birthday on August 1st. The hotel is located one block from the beach and has an amazing view of the ocean from the roof deck. All was perfect until I ate at a small restaurant downtown and became violently ill. The staff and especially the manager Sandra, took such good care of me, checking in with me often to make sure I was OK, and to bring ice, juice and comfort. They were instrumental in helping me to leave the island a day early - no easy task since it's a taxi, ferry and 3 hour drive to the Cancun airport. Thank you Elements Hotel! I would recommend you to everyone without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 21 July 2009

I worried with high season rates, but got a good rate relative to other places. A touch out of town, but close and also close to beach (a block, but check out the rooftop lounge for a great view daytime, nighttime, sunset. I was worried about a catch, or poor service due to one review. Instead every employee I have met (5 now) is helpful and great. Booked excursions for me. Nice rooms, good feel to them, clean with wonderful bathroom. Cool air conditioning on the hot days. Wifi a wonder for me, allowing me to stay an extra day. I am impressed and happy.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled solo
Cliffside Park, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 June 2009

I booked this hotel because of its location, close to beach and zocola. I found the hotel manager(owner) not very useful at all since we asked some questions about the island and he was no help. The room was very nice but we had no wifi signal in our room and we did not even know about the lounge of the roof deck until after we left. IWhen I go back to Holbox I will go somewhere else

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelersNY75
Amsterdam
Reviewed 2 June 2009

First of all, in the midst of the global mass panic concerning Influenza A H1N1 (formerly known as swine and mexican flu respectively), there's definitely no worry about the illness in the whole Yucatan area, so don't be hesitating to come to the peninsula and Isla Hol-Box in particular!

We had a terrific stay at the Elements hotel and although the island as well as the rest of the peninsula is suffering from the backdropped tourism, Maurizio, 'Mau', welcomed us with a well-meant smile. The rooms are very contemporary with a nice hacienda twist and provided us with the best nights of rest since our travel began 2 months ago. The very hospitable staff really thinks along in exploring the island; an excursion to swim with gigantic whale sharks as the ultimate experience! The beach is within reach of a 3-minute walk.

Summarizing the following words apply to the Elements hotel:
* Very friendly, hospitable staff;
* Nice, clean rooms;
* Great service;
* Really good value for money!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Fenton Michigan
Reviewed 16 May 2009

We showed up at the hotel with an extra person, and the staff had no problem upgrading us to a double room for 200 pesos (about 16.50 USD) the place is very clean and has the best view on the island. the staff was great, and very helpful. we will stay here the next for sure

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
Puebla, Puebla
Reviewed 8 May 2009

well, my girlfriend and me remain two day and one night and we spend it very well, very calm, the staff was very attentive and obliging, the rooms are excellent, In conclusion I recommend this hotel to 100% , there was no misadventure.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple