“Sooooo good!”
Review of Los Pelones - CLOSED

Los Pelones
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Calgary, Canada
“Sooooo good!”
Reviewed 14 July 2011

One of the best dinners we had in Holbox. Fabulous homemade pasta, great service, delicious dessert. Highly recommended.

Texas
“Best pasta I have ever had.”
Reviewed 5 July 2011

Very nice people with the best pasta I've ever had.

milpitasca
“The Most Delicious Pasta I've ever Tasted!!!”
Reviewed 29 June 2011

This is such a cute restaurant in the tiny town of Isla Holbox. The owner is from Milan, Italy, and has taught her Mexican husband to make incredible pastas. Fresh every day and handmade these pastas are dreamy. I found this restaurant on my second day on the island and are there for the next 5 days!!! The spaghetti carbonara and the sauteed fresh miru (grouper) was to die for. I hardly ever repeat ordering the same items but I had these 3 out of 5 times. The fish was like biting into a cloud - so flavorful, sweet, soft, fresh - the best I've ever tasted anywhere!!! Service was sincere and perfect. I was blown away by how wonderful this restaurant was and to be found on such a tiny island - incredible!

Worldwide Wanderer
“Pretty good!”
Reviewed 25 June 2011

This is one of the better restaurants on Holbox. The food is good and the ambiance is nice if you can get one of the tables overlooking the square. The food was nicely presented. I really liked the bread they served as a complimentary appetizer.

They lured me up there with a discount coupon, but then despite prominent display of the coupon on my table did not give me the discount when they presented my bill, so demerits there.

Nomansland, United Kingdom
“All services offered are based on the magic formula for making a place great...”
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Being a prophessional in food an drinks myself, I was much delighted to learn that these bold people upstairs understand that a good dining experience is much more than what is on the plate. This place is real from all perspectives. All services offered are based on the magic formula for making an place great: delicacy, stability, variety, relaxing atmosphere, intimacy, joy and irresistible beauty... and a fine selection of affordable wines as a cherry on top.
Perhaps it was all just because I was together with my favourite Mexicana...
Have anything on the big whiteboard, but I highly recommend the house made fresh pastas, the couscous and pannacotta.
Cheers!