“Good local food”

Price range: US$8 - US$50
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We had a lazy lunch here. Location, service and cooking was all great. We both had locally caught fish and it was delicious. Views you can't dream up. Great little place.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

We only ever had lunch here but if we had had more time we would certainly have had an evening meal here too.
We would often stop in after a stroll along the beach and it was just never enough just to have a beer. it was a little like Mexican Tapas when we got going and over bthe course of our vacation we managed to try most of the smaller dishes on their menu.

From Guacamole to Cerviche (the best ever) we even had a grilled fish on the bar for us to pick at with our drinks. The barman didn't bat an eyelid despite this being attached to one of the best hotels on the island.

Yet another one to make a point of visiting.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I had grouper fish for a dinner and it was possibly the best fish I have ever eaten. Would have gone back as I was travelling the Yucatan ,only it was too far away . My sister and I also went on the whale shark trip from the hotel,although we were not staying there ,sadly. The owner sailed his boat with about 7 of us and it was a fantastic day . I actually don't swim in the Atlantic ,but it did not change my enjoyment of a wonderful day out . The owners are very nice people ,and I would like to stay there on my next visit . I have been 2 summers running ,and its a very special place indeed .Well worth the rather long trek to get there from Cancun.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

the local establishments in town are wonderful, but the food and view from the barquito at Mawimbi cannot be beat. the relaxed nature of this place, the presentation of the fresh food are a wonderful combination. The breeze kept the bugs at bay...and you do not want to miss the sunsets while you are dining!

1  Thank griffincat
Reviewed 30 August 2013

We stayed here for 7 nights and ate breakfast,some lunches and dinners.And of course had afternoon drinks here.Loved all we tried.Francisco and randy were great and worked hard looking after us.The guys caught fish twice and the cook did an excellent job at grilling them for us! I'd send anyone who asked here.

4  Thank thesnowbirds