Villa los Mangles
US$154
US$230
US$164
  • Pool
Las Nubes De Holbox(Holbox Island)
US$301
US$293
US$151
US$110
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
CasaSandra Boutique Hotel(Holbox Island)
US$501
US$484
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Hotel Villas Delfines(Holbox Island)
US$110
Xaloc Resort(Holbox Island)
US$131
US$128
  • Breakfast included
Casa BlatHa(Holbox Island)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$59
  • Restaurant
Casa Maya Holbox(Holbox Island)
US$86
US$71
  • Beachfront
All reviewsrooftop roomtop floorsunrise and sunsetquiet areacomfortable bedair conditionerthree nightscancun airportin townbeautiful beachantoinepalapitahostsamorholboxislandunit
Reviewed 24 May 2014

This was the perfect little hotel for us. We just stayed there for 2 nights last week, and on the 3rd night we stayed at one of the most expensive hotels on the island, well we regret it. Villa Mangles was so much better! Antoine was the nicest guy ever, sat with us for like half an hour explaining all the good places around the island, all his food advices were the best places we ate no the island. I have nothing but good things to say. The room and bathroom was very clean. We had a 360º view and a 2 min. walk to the beach. When I go back to Holbox I won't think twice about staying here!

Room Tip: We stayed no the top floor and had the best view of the island.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2014

loved this place...a bit far from town but no complaints. id come back again. antoine is great. the room is clean and you cant really beat the price.....bathrooms could use a diff color paint but no big deal

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I rented the apartment (with kitchen) and the friendship room as my husband and I, 2 of our kids and one of their friends came up (we live in QRoo) for the long weekend (school holiday Monday) and for Holbox's first 10K. I was rather shocked at the ferry sticker price (even with the run discount) that ran $720 RT for the 5 of us but that was the only negative (and honestly it wasn't a negative, just kind of shocked at the price). I actually made the girl walk from the ferry dock to the house (not knowing the taxis were only $30) but after driving for 3 hours (even with a stop at Costco in Cancun) and sitting on the ferry, I thought we needed to move around a bit.

The apartments were lovely! We have great air flow as the girls' room had no A/C but a nice ventilator and even my girl who cannot live without A/C was just fine with the fan only. I'm not sure how she would have fared in the summer but maybe we'll find out as we can't WAIT to come back. I was very pleasantly surprised by all the supplies in the kitchen, down to tupperware containers for leftovers! I was also surprised to have maid service on Sundays as I can't remember the last time we got Sunday maid service in places we've stayed so that was a lovely surprise.

There are hammocks galore and the beach is within sight of the house. We loved walking down to the beach, renting bikes in town ($15/hr) and riding to the end of the southern road. I felt so comfortable there that I let the youngest girls (12) head out on their own Monday to rent bikes (they're both fluent in Spanish as we live here) and toodle around for an hour or so. We didn't eat out anywhere but instead ate from the kitchen.

We've never been to Holbox despite living here 7 years and now i'm trying to figure out how to get out of our already-booked stay at Isla Mujeres for Semana Santa to come back to Holbox. :) Honestly, we'll likely try to come back at summer or figure out some way. We LOVED the apartments and the mozzies were very kind to us. PSA - if you're driving from the PdC area, we found it was actually shorter to drive via Cancun than Coba (even with the road washout on the Cancun route).

Can't wait to return! Antione is so helpful and kind and the place is absolutely LOVELY. We've also easily encouraged my daughter's friend's family to come to Holbox too.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jamnkats
Reviewed 15 March 2014

My husband and I took our first trip to Holbox in March 2014 and are very happy we discovered Los Mangles. This is the opposite of an upscale resort - it's very small (maybe 4 rooms), a beautifully maintained, spotlessly clean hotel set back from the beach (no beach view, from the first floor at least). Antoine and his wife are wonderful hosts who did everything possible to make our trip a success, including helping us with our trip home, even after we had left the hotel and weren't paying guests anymore. Very reasonably priced, too. Small factors - lack of hot water in the kitchen and no-seeums that may (or not) have come in through the air conditioner - might bother some, but were small annoyances we brushed off as the price to pay when experiencing an out-of-the-way magical part of the world. We loved Los Mangles and will be back.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary G
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Only about 100 yards from the beach, a really quiet location. Simple, bright,clean rooms, very pleasant helpful owner, even dogs to befriend!

Isla Holbox is a bit of a trek from Cancun but a really quiet pleasant place with low rise accommodation in contrast to the hideous big all inclusive and expensive resorts around Cancun. Well worth making the extra effort to get there. The birdlife on Holbox is amazing - one day I will return when the whale sharks are around!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple