“Best place in Holbox!”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Really cozy and nice restaurant right on the beach. Tasty and good quality food. I highly recommend gnocchi (for dinner) with red wine Nebbiolo. Friendly staff:) And the hotel seems really good too, we actually regret we didn't stayed here.

There are newer reviews for Mandarina Restaurant & Beach club by Casa Las Tortugas

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I travelled solo to Holbox, and was drawn in here for dinner one evening by the beautiful set-up and view. Even though the restaurant was empty, I was told I couldn't have a table as they were all occupied that evening. Over the evening I had a full dinner and several cocktails so I was there for some time - there were always several open tables. I could only assume I was not offered a table because I was dining solo, and a pet peeve of mine is when single diners are treated disrespectfully. Nonetheless, I decided to make the most of my cozy couch seat in the corner, even if it was a bit awkward to eat without a table, because the view and the setting really were lovely. The food, unfortunately, was not - I came in knowing the prices were high for Holbox, but again, thought I would like to treat myself. The fish was not particularly fresh or tasty, however, and fancy presentation can only mask so much. I would have expected the fish to be at least as good as my favorite hole-in-the-wall beach spot down the road - it didn't match up. On top of this, my server was condescending and acted bothered when I asked for things...such as silverware, which I waited for for five minutes while my food got cold. I am a very laid back diner, and a person who appreciates a wide range of dining experiences...this was not one I appreciated, however, and I wouldn't return.

2  Thank Rachelnt30
Reviewed 2 July 2014

we were staying at the hotel and had breakfast here everyday which was lovely, although the 'muzak' was rather annoying. We ate lunch here on several occasions and the salds wee really delicious.
We only had dinner once, a little formal and expensive for our liking but very good quality.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Sitting at a table on the beach watching the sunset and eating a beautifully plated and deliciously fresh meal. What more can you ask for - a great selection of cocktails! Great meal. Only drawback - a little pricey for holbox.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

My husband and I shared a lovely candlelight meal at this beach-front restaurant. The food is nothing special. I would expected the fresh catch of the day to have been a lot fresher. But, the ambiance and close proximity to our hotel made me feel better about it. I would go for lunch and have a cold salad with some good beer and be able to watch the water.

1  Thank ButBeuatiful