“The best on the island”
Review of Restaurante La Guaya - CLOSED

Restaurante La Guaya
Price range: US$8 - US$16
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Great chef, highly recommend the lobster risotto and lobster fettuccine. The service is excellent and the welcome is warm. Cash only.

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We were in Holbox for a week and ate here three times! Lucca and his wife were so lovely and welcoming and the handmade pasta and ravioli dishes were outstanding. The risotto was also amazing. The location of the restaurant was cleverly designed to transport you out of Mexico and into a small Italian town. Make this a top choice if you are heading to Holbox anytime soon!!!

Reviewed 25 March 2014

There are quite a number of good restaurants in Holbox and we love Mexican food....but after out meal at La Guaya, we just had to keep eating there.......unbelievably scrumptious!!!!!!
An italian guy we met at our hotel, and who knows his stuff, raved like a nut about this place. I was reluctant....2 weeks in Mexico and I still wanted Mexican.
But this place has the most outrageous fresh food, pasta, produce you can come across. I don't go ga ga too often over food, but these meals made the angels sing. I had the sheep cheese appetizer, then the fettuccini with lobster. My partner had pasta with prosciutto.... All phenomenal.

Love, love this place! Open kitchen, friendly waitstaff including the charming wife of the owner. The location is ok, (in the lovely and well constructed exotic looking wooden "mall" in the center of town....much nicer than it sounds, trust me...I'm all about ambiance). Nice at night, when you have been on the beach all day.
Just crazy good..........

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The atmosphere, service, and food all lived up to the high expectations set by other reviewers. Chef Luca gives a personal touch to all food served.

Reviewed 8 March 2014

La Guaya - Italian, classy, with very friendly staff and (I assume) owner - even when we bumped into her the next day. Menu had some unusual choices but they brought a taste out for you to try. Cook their own bread and had a great tuna steak. Nice.