“Family trip” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #38 of 92 Restaurants in Holbox Island
Price range: US$5 - US$30
Cuisines: Mexican, Seafood, Caribbean
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Montebello, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Family trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Reviewed June 17, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Amaite hotel for two nights. We enjoyed the spaciousness of the apartment which was a nice place to sit after all the activities we did during the day. They have the most wonderful people working there, they always help with any need you may have. We definately return to Amaite hotel.

Visited June 2013

Fort Collins, Colorado
“Romantic Dinner on the Pier”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

Last night, new bride and I had a lovely dinner alone on a table set out on the pier in front of Amaite. The wait staff was most gracious. The food (lobster) was spectacular. Their mohito's are unique on the island. Made with dark cuban rum. The best.

We were the only dinner guests (something that has happened surprisingly often this week). We danced during dinner to our own music. Then, we jumped into the water and swam together for a few minutes (the mohito's were so good we had two or three....), then back to dinner. It was indescribably magical.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
USA
“Nice setting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2013

Wanted to love this place as I really liked the location and the atmosphere. We had a small dinner here one night and another night just stopped for a shot of tequila. It is very tranquil, right on the beach and kind service. I ordered tempura shrimp and, while it was certainly edible, the shrimp were overcooked and the outside was not what I consider tempura. DH had a salad which was fine. The wine was good. The night we stopped for tequila it was apparently later than we realized - maybe after 9 PM and we were the only ones there. We sat on the comfy couches and watched while they pretty much closed up the bar area. There was no pressure to leave but we didn't want to cause a problem so we drank up. Again, this place is charming; maybe just ordered the wrong thing.

Visited May 2013
Denver, Colorado, United States
“Lunch was meh.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

We had just arrived on Holbox and were looking for a place to grab a quick bite. A friendly lady approached us with a 10% off flier for Tuch, so we gave it a shot. Meh. I had a perfectly average and unremarkable chicken caesar salad, while my wife had some queso dip with chorizo that was actually quite tasty, if a bit on the greasy side. The ambiance on the beach was nice and the service was just fine. If the food had been as good, it'd be a whole different place.

• Visited July 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cancun, Mexico
“Worst Ranchero eggs in my life”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

Instead of taking the included continental breakfast with our reservation at Holbox Dream (toast, juice from the can, cereal and coffee) I wanted a substantial breakfast.
I ordered the huevos rancheros and they were the worst eggs I have ever had. No taste at all, chips that came with the beans were really dry, beans were just like half a spoon and the fried tortilla that comes with the eggs, was still cold.
I will not return nor recommend this place.

• Visited June 2012