“Excellent Mexican food” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of El Chapulim

El Chapulim
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Saltillo, Mexico
“Excellent Mexican food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

Excellent Mexican food, the chef comes to tell you the choices, the menu is chosen on what fish are caught that day. All the food and the service was excellent - highly recommended.

Visited March 2014

New York City, New York
“Fantastic flavors and Best Service on the Island”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2014

I love that the chef himself comes over to the table to deliver the 4 options on the menu that evening. As everyone else explained, there were three seafood options and one beef option. All of the meals came with spanish rice and a fruit salad. I chose the fish and my friend chose the combination (fish, mussels, scallops and shrimp). It seemed as though everything was cooked in butter, oil, and garlic, yet even my figure conscious friend had to admit that it was worth the calories. Every bite was heaven in my mouth. It was definitely the best meal I had on the island, but aside from that, it was also the best experience. The service was impeccable and the price ($200- $220 mexican pesos for each meal) was not disproportionate. If you are visiting Holbox, you must have dinner here!!!

• Visited April 2014
Ajax, Canada
“One of the best meals I have had in a restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

I really cannot say enough (positive) about our experience here. The evening we were there, the restaurant had four options, 3 seafood one beef. It was great to speak to the chef while ordering and have some interaction with him and the other staff member while eating. Our meals were extremely fresh, delicious and seemed to be made with few (but high quality) ingredients. As I've titled my post, it really was one of the best meals I've had a restaurant. It does not take reservations or credit cards so bring cash, 2 entrée’s, drinks and 1 dessert came to approx. 750 peso’s for us.

• Visited March 2014
San Antonio, Texas
“One of the best meals of our trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Had a lovely dinner sitting outside and enjoying the sounds of the town. No menu here - the server just comes out and presents you with the options when you sit down. I had shrimp and my husband had the fish. Both were amazing and on the spicy side (perfect for our tastes!) Make sure to get there earlier than later - we were one of the last couples to be able to eat our night (we came around 7:30pm) and we saw a few people come after us and get turned away because they were out of food. Guess it really is fresh!! :)

• Visited March 2014
Toronto, Canada
“Great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

The "no menu" experience was enticing and the challenge was getting a table! The chef was very friendly and offered us our options. The food was very good- the best we had!

Visited March 2014