“Delicious and different”

Cuisines: Mexican, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We chose this place, as it is most highly rated, for dinner on my birthday. The meal did not disappoint. The ceviche verde is excellent! Salmon was great and the mashed potato with chorizo is definitely something I will try to re-create back home.

1  Thank Kara2007

Reviewed 22 February 2014

All I can do is rate our experience, and as honestly as I can. My husband ordered the grilled octopus served with young, sweet corn, and for sure, it was a memorable meal! Great flavour, fresh, tender octopus, maybe a little on the small side for a meal, but very delicious. (He shared) My meal was so salty, I could not eat it. I had to send it back. I have rarely ever done this. Maybe three times in 30 years. Granted, they offered to make me another dinner, but instead we just had another bowl of guac and totopos. The guacamole is great there. Service was terrific, not the best view, but a good people watching spot on a busy street. Wish I could say my meal was also a meal to remember from a good point of view.

Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Nothing to add.. But I need to hit the 100 characters. ;)
Besides great food and nice drinks also good music. Of course a little bit more expensive than most other restaurants on the island..

Reviewed 16 February 2014

Fantastic restaurant with a delightful host (Gerry) and an amazing chef and kitchen team, turning out high quality food, perfectly cooked, with superb seasoning and flavour combinations. We went back three times in a week, which is the highest recommendation we can give. The New York strip steak was one if the best I've had, seasoned with garlic, chilli and cilantro. Gerry will also mix up some of his own cocktails....watch out for the habanero margarita! Thanks Gerry, top man, top restaurant!

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

During our 2 week stay in Holbox we tested many of the restaurants in town and Rosa Mexicano was to the only one that really left a culinary impression. Finally, no pizza or pasta on the menu. We went there five times and were always more than satisfied. Creative Mexican cuisine, fantastic service and absolutely fair prices for what you get. Plus: they were the only ones that knew how to make pulpo right (which is important when you consider it alocal specialty). And try the ceviche verde - it's to die for!