At some hotel, they upgrade you, at CASA sandra you get a free Downgrade !!! We booked a king suite for 3 nights and we got a standard room. When we complained, they first tried to explain that it was really the room we booked, deluxe room and suite are the same we have been told. After 2 hours (great start for your holidays isn't it? ) they finally accepted that a king suite and deluxe room was 2 different sort of rooms. Issue is they did not have any suite available. We were furious and asked at least to be compensated, the room was 50 Euros less expensive per night, No way they told us, you will not get your money back ! what they propose is free dinner at their restaurant and an upgrade for the master suite for the last night only. And the best of all, They barely apologize.
Beside the money issue, the experience was completely different, their standard room are dark and small, with a tiny bathroom, they are awful value for your money. The master suite or the king suite (if you manage to get it) are nice and spacious and it would have been a different holidays for us.
The beach is nice with almost nobody, in a very good location close to the village walking less than 5 minutes and very quiet. But overall, instead of enjoying what should have been great holidays, we spend too much time arguing with the front desk.
Regarding th restaurant, the breakfast was OK even if little choices, the food was good. The restaurant itself is more sophisticated than most restaurants in the village, but also very expensive for Holbox standards, especialy the dinner menu (~60USD/person).
We spend a lot of time comparing the hotels in Holbox, and Casa Sandra is much more expensive than other hotels in the area. It only worth it if you take the suites (and finally get it). Otherwise, the standard room for the price does not worth it , there are better options at nearby hotels such as Tortugas or Mawinbi where you get master suite for the same price of a standard in Casa Sandra.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For a long time owner, Sandra, wanted to write by the sea. She went in search of a remote world, quiet, where the blue was obvious. One day, she landed in Cancun and the attraction of the Mayan land was overwhelming. She took a small plane and flew over the island of Holbox.Nothing was more attractive to her than the Feast of the colors of nature, barefoot fishermen with their gold teeth, women weaving hammocks or sheathed with their heels in the sand. "I want to do something here, " she said and began to imagine in her head this project now called "the hotel with a human touch" on this very beach.The land of more than 150 species of birds, whale shark, or Damero world's largest fish, mangroves in each corner, all were an inspiration to this artist.Then she wanted to welcome friends from around the world and to express, through a hotel on the island of Holbox, a point of view on life: "peace and art are a great treasure for humans. " Because of this she thought of a place that is romantic, sexy, creative, where the personalized, warm, rustic atmosphere in a luxurious twenty rooms that look to the sea, where one could meet the privacy and whims of its guests. All done out of love and passion. The same place where one can dream and create, and in the best case, where one can rest.The joy of giving and expressing a new way of caring for guests, has been the commitment of the hotel. Every detail has a reason: from the small art gallery with paintings by renowned artists to the beautiful furniture that inhabit the halls.Feelings, emotions, poetry, touches of color, aromas of black coffee, hammocks, fabric on the balconies, fluffy sheets, the sea at every angle, and romantic evenings create the magic of the "place of your dreams." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your CasaSandra Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Sandra Hotel Holbox Island
- Casa Sandra Holbox Island