Our family stayed here for a week recently and had a wonderful time at the hotel.
Rooms: We were fortunately upgraded to a Suite as we stayed a whole week. The room was large, fitted an extra bed for our daughter comfortably and had a private balcony with a hammock and table. The bed was lovely, the bathroom clean and spacious and the amenities just right, without making the room too crowded. The service to clean the room was fantastic.
Food: We had the included breakfast, a couple of lunches and a dinner at the restaurant. The food was excellent, contemporary, and well flavored. The breakfast was large, numerous "pan dolce", cakes, savory breads, fresh fruit and eggs cooked to order. The Chilaquiles were amongst the best I have had. The salads at lunch were fresh. The dinner we had was wonderfully flavored.
Ambiance: The hotel had a very upscale ambiance, well appointed accessories without being stuffy.
Service: The hotel excels here, every member (but one) goes out of their way to make your stay a dream. Carla who will carry the fresh coffee up to the room in the morning, the bar staff who are ever ready with a cold beer and the office staff. There is always a mile and happy greeting awaiting you. They never say no.
But here are a few things that can be improved:
Wireless -- get a better wireless router, it costs nothing. The wireless connection si limited to 15 feet maximum, a pain.
Front office communication by email -- after our reservation we received nothing. They "forgot" about booking our connections from Cancun and it was a pain. Please communicate by email better.
The one staff member, the older gentleman in the mornings was just grumpy. He did not know how to make a latte, and would pour us regular coffee when we were not looking. His response on the day we left almost marred the whole experience. the taxi showed up late, so we asked him to call and make sure they were on their way, he replied that he did not know who the driver was. So we asked him to call someone of the office staff, he replied that they only come in at 7 so he could not. So I asked him what we should do, meanwhile my wife is waiting outside to flag a taxi down as we have 10 minutes to catch the boat, he replied, "NOT MY PROBLEM!"
This is the only reason this hotel gets 3 stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For a long time owner, Sandra, wanted to write by the sea. She went in search of a remote world, quiet, where the blue was obvious. One day, she landed in Cancun and the attraction of the Mayan land was overwhelming. She took a small plane and flew over the island of Holbox.Nothing was more attractive to her than the Feast of the colors of nature, barefoot fishermen with their gold teeth, women weaving hammocks or sheathed with their heels in the sand. "I want to do something here, " she said and began to imagine in her head this project now called "the hotel with a human touch" on this very beach.The land of more than 150 species of birds, whale shark, or Damero world's largest fish, mangroves in each corner, all were an inspiration to this artist.Then she wanted to welcome friends from around the world and to express, through a hotel on the island of Holbox, a point of view on life: "peace and art are a great treasure for humans. " Because of this she thought of a place that is romantic, sexy, creative, where the personalized, warm, rustic atmosphere in a luxurious twenty rooms that look to the sea, where one could meet the privacy and whims of its guests. All done out of love and passion. The same place where one can dream and create, and in the best case, where one can rest.The joy of giving and expressing a new way of caring for guests, has been the commitment of the hotel. Every detail has a reason: from the small art gallery with paintings by renowned artists to the beautiful furniture that inhabit the halls.Feelings, emotions, poetry, touches of color, aromas of black coffee, hammocks, fabric on the balconies, fluffy sheets, the sea at every angle, and romantic evenings create the magic of the "place of your dreams." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your CasaSandra Boutique Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Sandra Hotel Holbox Island
- Casa Sandra Holbox Island