“A slice of paradise!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holbox Hotel Mawimbi

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Holbox Island
Holbox Hotel Mawimbi
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Holbox Island
Boston, Massachusetts
“A slice of paradise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I just returned from a one week stay at Mawimbi and it was incredible. I will definitely return again. Service was top notch; from the reservations, to the housekeeping, to the restaurant (El Barquito) to the Whaleshark excursion with Andreas and even a secluded beach all to ourselves. I couldn't have been more pleased with this vacation. My first room, although small, was perfectly fine with a very comfortable king size bed, mosquito net, fan, AC and impeccably clean. I switched to another room with a balcony for the second half of my stay (because it wasn't available when I booked for the my entire stay) and I loved it, it had a very spacious balcony with hammocks that overlooked the restaurant area and had a view of the beach. Thanks to Onny, Ana, Jeevyl and Ivan my stay at the hotel was very special.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank frequentflier63

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We didn't stay at Mawimbi, but did stop in for a random lunch and it was delicious. We ate during the Mexico vs Holland World Cup game and the atmosphere was great! We had guacamole (amazing), pasta natural, breaded chicken, fajitas and shrimp tacos. All of it was just perfect, service was great (even in the midst of the big game) and the view can't be beat!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank NaomiHattaway
san francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

We were on a Wild Ocean Adventures tour to Holbox to swim with the whale sharks and manta rays. We stayed at the Mawimbi last week and it's a great hotel. So many small decor details make it a cut above other hotels in the area. The owners are very welcoming and hospitable. The food was great - I had the guacamole and shrimp and the garlic grilled shrimp every day! :>) i also had a massage which was also very good. If you're going to Holbox, definitely the place to stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank phranq12345
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

I just returned from my second stay at the Posada Mawimbi. What a great spot! The beach location is ideal yet close enough for an easy, quick walk to town. The hotel staff really goes above and beyond to make your stay peaceful and pleasant. They are friendly and helpful. The beach bar/restaurant is fun for drinks and guacamole and lunch or dinner - simple and fresh food. Our room was good size with 2 comfortable queen beds, great air conditioning when needed, adorable bathroom and it was spotlessly clean each day! The hotel grounds are so pretty and well kept with fun tropical decor. The beach beds and hammocks are kept in great condition and very comfortable for lounging. I am a picky traveller and a tough critic and mawimbi is one of my favorite places to stay!!! I look forward to my next visit.

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank CarterWD
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

My wife and I visited Holbox this past March and had an amazingly relaxing and rejuvenating vacation. Hotel Mawimbi made the experience special. During our week stay we walked the beaches of the whole island, and while lovely, the best spot was definitely the perfectly shaded and groomed Mawimbi beachfront. Many of the locals we met in town agreed with us. This hidden gem is a must visit!

Room Tip: We stayed in the room furthest from the beach and it worked well for us. Of course if you can the be...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank MDiMarc
Lodi, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

Sometimes you see pictures of a place and when you get there you realize the pictures were much better. Not the case here. The hotel is more than awesome. It is unique, beautiful, clean, and very laid back. We stayed in Pulpo, which is upstairs with a balcony, and opened the window for the lovely ocean breeze. We didn't even need our A/C. The staff are all wonderful and we were lucky to become freinds with Lilly. I am taking my 78 year old Mom, my aunt, and a freind in September and I can hardly wait to get there.
This is the place to stay in Holbox!

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs in Pulpo and had a great breeze. Our friends stayed downstairs in one of the ocea...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank catlover76
Springfield, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

some of the review, small, intimate hotel was just what I was looking forward to. Had a week sales meeting in one of the big all-inc in Cancun the last 2 days were free days, so I took off for Holibox. The Island it's self is very laid back, with some of the best beachs in Mexico. Hotel Mawimbi sits about 2 blocks off the main square of the town, which is just far enough yet still easy to grab something at the couple of grocery's on the square.The staff is just fantastic they set up a driver to pick me up at my hotel in Cancun, for the 1 1/2hr drive to the ferry. I got a room on the 2nd floor with a balcony and view of the beach, very comfortable. The breakfast was a huge bowl of fruit, and coffee included, and I think you could order eggs as well. Spent 2 days, and as the title Old School refers, this was Mexico 20 yrs ago, but with everything you needed,and expect in 2014.You know it is going to be different, the moment you walk in off the street to the reception area, that resembles a well keep jungle. Loved it.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo