“Villas Delfines”

Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Holbox Island
london
“Villas Delfines”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Spent two weeks here after a long slog of a Journey from London. Staff here are great, esp Jaun Jose and Renan. But all of the staff were great. The place is kept immaculate, the maids do an excellent job of keeping the rooms tidy.

It's serene setting, peacful atmosphere was perfect I wouldn't have stayed anywhere else.

Brendan

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank brendan f

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Hebrew first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Let me just say that I was shocked by how amazing the staff was here in Hotel Villas Delfines. My boyfriend and I booked a Bungalow Garden room in La Villa Delfines and we were more than satisfied with the experience! We chose to go to Isla Holbox because it is a very small community of less than 2000 people, where we could truly relax and bask in the tranquility without disruption. The quiet also made it wonderfully romantic!

The island is just beautiful and the rooms in Villa Delfines are truly authentic of Caribbean living. Everything from the walls to the floors had a very “hand-made” feeling which created a beautiful ambiance in our suite. Not to mention that every morning when we would wake up, the gorgeous garden was right outside...we could smell the flowers from our room!

Not only was the environment incredible, but the price was also right! We only spent about $96 a night when we booked last year in the beginning of June. It was great because it included free continental breakfast, free kayaks (which we used frequently) as well as free wifi (which is amazing because my boyfriend and I run an online business). Since it was so peaceful in Villas Delfines, we were able to relax and also tend to our work right on the beach...just awesome! One of my favourite parts of the trip was when I faced my fears of swimming with sharks, and dove right in with a whale shark! It took my boyfriend a while to convince me but they're completely harmless to humans and it was an experience I'll never forget. The villas offer this right on site, plus a whole bunch of other amazing activities. We really wanted to take the tour to Chichen Itza but we didn't get to before our trip was over. Maybe next time!

The only disappointment I had while there was the lack of gluten-free and dairy free options in the restaurant. I am an extremely picky eater and I was hoping for a lot more healthy and nutrient-filled options but hey you win some you lose some!

Overall the benefits well outweighed the negatives and I hope to visit again sometime in the future...perhaps with less of an appetite. Altogether: 5 star rating, 100%!

Room Tip: Garden suites are great - you can smell the flowers
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kaela Jade K
Vught
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Somehow this place looks underrated on Tripadvisor. There aren't too many defects found here. The cottage we had was large and clean with good facilities. The ecological approach is absolutely sympathetic. Quite large lizards run freely around the pool. The staff are very friendly and helpful. The breakfast could be improved slightly, specifically the quality of the bread.

Room Tip: Pick a cottage, hut, with AC
1 Thank Vuppies
Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed 11 April 2013

Hotel Villas Delfines was so amazing, not only was the location so relaxing and calm, I actually felt like I was on the vacation i have been looking for. I was away from all the croudedness and closerfobicness of the city if was just me and a few friends and the ocean. One thing we loved about this place was how environmentally friendly. The wildlife and just the beauty of the island was indescribable. Nothing beats just sitting in a hammock and enjoying an ice cold beverage and smelling the fresh ocean air. Because the island is so small the people made you feel right at home and the included breakfast was to die for not only was it health but it gave us a good start to each day. Just remember to bring bug spray, it is a tropical island after all.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Haarlem, The Netherlands
Reviewed 4 April 2013

Holbox is definetly one of the most beautiful places i've visited. The Hotel villa Delfines is a very nice place to stay at Holbox for an eco friendly accomodation. it offers: a very good setting, spacious bungalow, friendly staff, nice pool area and the views and access on the front that is wy you visit Holbox for the lovely ocean!!! they good provide a better breakfast. that's the only thing that was a little dissapointing.

Room Tip: all the rooms are spacious and do have a hommock on the patio, you could prefer an oceanview.
Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed 2 April 2013

my stay here was part of a tour of the Caribbean,and it really showed me the needed atmosphere for constructive thinking with almost zero distraction...due to the hustle and bustle of my home country,finding my self here gave me the needed environment to unwind and let go off the stress.
one more thing i must try is to check out the whale shark and definitely go FISHING!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Haarlem, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 April 2013

If you don't want to be hassled by crowded beaches on Isla Holbox, if there is such a thing, stay at Villas Delfines at the other end of the island. It is relaxed, easy and eco-friendly. And, the beach is the only thing that matters. And it shows.
Service is fine, breakfast could be a little bit more different and an exquisite restaurant is no option at Delfines. They offer nice kayak trips and help you out renting a golf cart. And, that's about it. What else do you want more as an Isla Holbox tourist? I'd say: 'nothing!'.

Room Tip: This is a place for people who seek for a quiet place. So, be quiet and enjoy.