We stayed at Xaloc resort for 5 days in mid September and had a very nice time. We arrived quite late in the evening and the staff at reception was very accommodating offering to do the paperwork for check in next morning so we could relax. Room was quite big and decorated in a nice way, with an ocean view balcony, but could use a bit more cleaning. Upon request they have changed the room next morning and that one was much cleaner.
All staff was very friendly and tried to accommodate our wishes or provide information we asked for.
Hotel is located less than 10 minutes walking from the main square, which is very convenient if you want to go for a drink/dinner or a walk in the evening.
Some people complained that there is no bar at the beach or beach service. I would put that as a positive point as you could really relax at the beach, with a beautiful view and enjoying the peace on this unspoiled island. This is not type of “all inclusive” Cancun resort. Its less crowded with tourists, rustic and laid back.We knew it in advance and loved it the way it was.
Continental breakfast is included in price but it was quite uninspiring: bread, butter, jam, orange juice (not fresh), yogurt and some fruits (usually of poor quality). As part of”full breakfast” you could choose differently prepared eggs and those were good. We once had lunch in the restaurant and fish was very well prepared and tasty. However On another occasion we tried tacos for dinner - based on managers recommendation - and were not impressed by those – nothing special and overpriced.
Overall, I would recommend hotel as they make you feel welcome, rooms are spacious & nicely decorated and hotel has nice beach. It does lack a bit of character and has some potential for improvement (for example breakfast) but the beautiful island itself makes it up for that.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Xaloc Resort is a small ecotourism hotel located in a natural paradise of white sand beach near the small village of Holbox. Xaloc are in different environments to enjoy the charm and intimacy offered by the site, two pools, a lounge reading a terrace under the palapas where you can enjoy the breeze of the Caribbean Sea, a terrace on the beach where enjoy the sun during the day and admire the stars at night and "Maja'che" a restaurant where every dish is a specialty ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Xaloc Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Xaloc Hotel Holbox Island
- Xaloc Resort Holbox Island