Stayed at the Maya inn hotel twice and enjoyed both stays. I am a pretty low key traveler. My friends had some reservations.
The potentially problematic (on my second stay with friends):
- the internet connection did not work at first. The staff was EXTREMELY accommodating and fixed the problem within 24 hours but if you HAVE to have the internet, for work or pleasure, this could be a problem.
- shower takes a while to produce hot water. On my first stay, my first shower was cold. The next morning, after letting the water run a bit it was warm. On my second stay, my first shower was cold. the next day, after letting the water for a while, it was warm. I did not mind. My friends did.
The great stuff about the hotel:
- on my first trip, I was pretty ill and checked in late. I was able to get food from the chef, who delivered it himself to my room. Since they make everything from scratch I believe that notice to the staff about your potential needs is key. I told them I wanted to eat something as I was checking in and gave them ample notice (1.5hours) to get it ready as i explore the island a bit. On our second trip, we had to get food outside of the hotel in the evening.
- the food was very good.
- you have access to a private beach, but from what I hear, it is a way's away. Still, a private beach!
- the eco friendly decor is inspiring and aesthetically very pleasing.
- the front desk staff is extremely courteous and accommodating. Say hi to Mercedes for me.
- you cannot beat the location especially if you like to take pictures at sunrise like I do. And it's walking distance from the ferry or lancha.
- there are "cabs" 2 minutes away to take you anywhere on the island.
- it is quiet at night and removed from the nightly fun of the "downtown" area of the island.
- it is on Holbox island. If you've been there, or are going there, you know that just being on Holbox island is a treat so que disfrutes!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Maya Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.