We loved the Holbox Dream. Robert at the front desk was very accommodating and nice, which is wonderful after you have been traveling all day to get to Holbox. Our room was on the 2nd floor and was beautiful. It was clean and simple, with cute little shells and beachy touches. The location couldn't be better: right in front of the most beautiful white sand, calmest beach you could ever hope for. The pool is small but clean, and just right for the hotel. I mean, who needs a sprawling pool when you have the ocean "pool" at your feet? Since this hotel is above the $100usd range per night, there are a few suggestions/tips that we felt should be included to make this hotel simply THE perfect place to stay, and here they are:
1. Put coffee makers in each room, or, have a pot of coffee going downstairs in receptions from say 7-9am. A lot of us city dwellers don't function before coffee, and having to get up, get dressed, and walk a few blocks BEFORE that first cup is well, um, brutal. Even in paradise.
2. Have certain rooms assigned for a queen bed and others strictly for doubles. Don't do the "queen bed + twin bed room" situation. I want the queen bed, and so does my travel mate [we weren't a "romantic" couple]. We're both paying the same amount here, and one of us will get shafted with the twin cot.
3. Get a mixed-drink bar going. I mean, the beers next door at the beach shack are cool, but some people can't drink beer ALL day long without getting bloated. It'd be nice to get a piña colada or an ice-cold Daquiri here and there and get it right at our hotel. Not asking for the full restaurant, but maybe just a mixed-drink shack like the beer one next door? One can only drink so many beers...
This is really it. Everything else was just FABULOSO. I really mean that. I will definitely be returning to Holbox: loved the vibe!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Holbox Dream, a place where time ceases to exist and the colors of the Caribbean Sea meet the calm waters of the Mexican Gulf. Named after the lifetime vision of the proprietors, Holbox Dream, portrays the image of a very comfortable hotel associated with heavenly scenarios.A mere 20 minutes boat ride from Chiquila Harbor will take you to a tropical escape that offers a stress free environment kissed by the sun, its white sand and shells of all kind. Enjoy 47 rooms with sea view, divided in 3 categories, pool and beach club. Enjoy suculent meals prepared with local seafood and an italian touch at Casa Nostra Restaurant - Holbox. Holbox Dream is a proud member of Xperience Hotels Collection, characterized by the "Infinite hospitality" service and philosophy. Xperience our paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holbox Dream Beach Front Hotel by Xperience Hotels reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holbox Island Dream Hotel