“Great place to watch the world go by, oh and great meals also!”
Review of Restaurant Muul

Restaurant Muul
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Izamal
Cuisines: Mexican
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great place to watch the world go by, oh and great meals also!”
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Lets get one thing straight. Izamal does not have a lot of restaurants to choose from.
We found this place on the edge of the town square, and it had lots of happy laughing people sitting outside enjoying the atmosphere.
I couldn't resist the chance to join in, so we decided to dine here.
The waiter was awesome, lots of recommendations, very helpful, and only wanted to please. As is mandatory, we ordered 2 margaritas, and I have to admit, they were the best I have tasted in all of Mexico. Not hardcore, but quality tequila, and served in crushed ice, very tasty. So tasty, we ordered many more!
The food was better than some of the reviews have noted here. I found both our meals to be above average and full of local flavor. A real bonus for foreigners who want to experience some of the local customary delights.
We met a Canadian who filled us in on the town and was very very helpful, just par for the course in a small town like this.
People watching was enjoyable, and we really did feel like we blended in to the locale.
Overall I would recommend this restaurant. Very laid back, full of local delights, and very good meals.

• Visited January 2013

HULL
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 19 December 2012

The restaurant was lacking in atmosphere, the food was poor; we had beef which was extremely tough and the meal as a whole was poorly presented.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank MKH50
Mahahual,
“Great food - inexpensive, great service, great location”
Reviewed 5 May 2012

I like this restaurant because I like the service, the food and eating on the square in view of the Convent. However, I was there during lunch in April and the flies were horrible. Perhaps it was the horse and carriage drivers which drove over in front of us. The person I was with couldn't finish her food. My husband and I had eaten there before in the evening and loved it, so this might be a temporary thing, but it kept me from giving it a 5 star rating. I have to say, that I loved what I had, but I eventually quit eating too. the Menu is largely Yucatecan with some of the most generous salbutes I have ever seen. When we ate there in the evening, everything was perfect and no flies, so don't let this put you off. Maybe eat inside.

• Visited April 2012
Oldenburg, Germany
“Excellent”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We have been there in March 2012 and passed a nice afternoon there. Excellent food, good prices - 250 pesos for 2 persons - nice location, clean bathroom and a nice owner who gave us a lot of hints how we can explore the village. All in all the best restaurant in our journey to Yucatan.

• Visited March 2012
Alicante
“Friendly centrally located family run restaurant”
Reviewed 5 March 2012

If you're staying in Izamal for more than one night the dining options are pretty limited. We found this little restaurant off the main square as we were walking around and decided to give it a try.The owner was very friendly and the food good and reasonably priced. We sat at one of the two or three tables on the pavement which was good for watching the world go by.They do mostly local fare but were ok about changing things around a bit to suit our tastes- and the portions were very generous.All in all a pleasant experience

• Visited February 2012