“Fun Artistic Memorable”

Ogishi Craft Centre
Ranked #4 of 12 things to do in Rothbury
More attraction details
Owner description: Ogishi Craft Centre is a Work of ArtOgishi Art Glass + Ogishi Art Chocolate+Glass Jewellery + Textile + Ceramics + PaintingGlassblowing lessons + Accommodation
“Fun Artistic Memorable”
Reviewed 16 December 2013

If you like to try something different, fun and creative, glass-blowing with Setsuko at the Hunter would be the activity for you. It was very well organised and professional. Great sense of humor from the organiser's side put many smiles on our faces.

Visited December 2013

“Glass Blowing for Two”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Setsuko and Yutaka were a wonderful delight to learn from. The glass blowing was an intense experience my wife and I won't soon forget. For those thinking the time allowed is too short I don't think I could have continued for long after. Glass blowing is exhausting! After the lesson I appreciated the beautiful works on display in the gallery all the more and am astounded at the talent obviously possessed by Setsuko. A magical experience.

Visited December 2013
The Entrance, Australia
“Blown Away!”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My partner and I loved this experience! I originally was going to get this as a gift for my partner and a friend, instead I ended up doing it with him and I'm so glad I did. WHAT an experience! Fun, entertaining, creative, and overall a wonderful hands on learning experience. Setsuko and her husband are both truly beautiful people who have a very special talent. Their passion for this art is so contagious that you cant help but love every minute that you are completing this unbelievable workshop (I cried at the end of my lesson). Don't forget to visit their gallery and be mesmerised by the beautiful work that they have created. You get your very own glass work and a memory that will last time. I would highly recommend this to everyone I meet and I cant wait to go back and do it all again!

Visited November 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Glass blowing in the Hunter”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Highly recommend this entertaining and creative experience. Setsuko and her husband guided us safely and skilfully through the process of creating a unique and lovely piece of glassware. It truly makes you appreciate the craftsmanship in the work she has displayed in her gallery. The lessons make a great gift or activity to do with a friend.
MKM

Visited October 2013
1 Thank MKM062
Newcastle, Australia
“Ogishi Craft Centre”
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My wife and I loved our lesson. The previous glowing reviews have stolen our thunder. FUN. Highly recommended for anyone wishing to gain a hands-on insight into artistic or technical aspects of this craft of glassblowing, or just to go with the vibe of the expert guidance and from Setsuko and Yutaka. Don't leave without sampling the coffee and chocolate perfection or admiring the artist's brilliant works in the gallery.

Visited November 2013