This was my second stay at Chateu Elan but first as a family, with my husband and 9 month old baby. We stayed in the one bedroom villa and were very impressed with the facilities available - the room was like new. They had even put out a teddy bear in the cot for our son to keep, with a little note - what a sweet touch! - as well as a lovely fruit platter for us. We had a great view of the golf course and the perfect lawn was brilliant for our son to crawl around on. The rooms were practically babyproof yet anyone staying without kids would not even think that they were set up for families, they just look sleek and modern and clean.
The staff were fantastic and really took care of us as a family. When our son unfortunately spewed on the bed they were there within minutes with fresh linen and a smile despite it being 8.30 at night. They were also happy to give us a late noon checkout even though our villa had new folks coming in that afternoon. That's the kind of service that really impresses!
As we had bub with us we didn't play golf this time but the course looked fabulous and we will organise babysitting next time so we can play! The pool is absolutely lovely, we really enjoyed an evening swim and sit in the oversized spa, it was gorgeously warm despite the chilly weather. Our bub also enjoyed clambering around the play equipment, which would equally be fun for bigger kids as well.
I was lucky enough to have an hour and a half in the spa and it was even better than last time. The vichy shower treatment was among the best I've ever had - pure heaven! The spa staff were lovely and skilled in their work and the atmosphere was so relaxing, exactly what I needed.
The food in the restaurant is fine, solid menu and quite a good wine list. It's not really gourmet fare but it's reasonably priced and again the staff were super friendly and really accommodated us with our baby. The restaurant is lovely in the morning for breakfast with the sun pouring in and the brekky buffet is varied and of good quality.
We will definitely be coming back to Chateu Elan. Well done indeed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chateau Elan at The Vintage is Australia's finest golf and spa resort. Located in the heart of Hunter Valley wine country, Chateau Elan offers luxury retreats for up to 200 guests.The Spa at Chateau Elan has 17 treatment rooms and a vast range of specialised treatments available. Guests can choose from 3 types of luxury accommodation - Spa Suites, One bed bedroom self-contained Villas and King Rooms. The hotel overlooks the fairways of the Greg Norman-designed course Vintage golf course. Chateau Elan is 2 hour drive north of Sydney. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Chateau Elan Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Elan Hunter Valley Hotel Rothbury
- Chateau Elan Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Rothbury, Australia