“Rip off!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Hunter Valley Horseriding and Adventures
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Rip off!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I booked for the sunset ride with my partner. It took them 15-20 mins to even notice we were there. The guide had no idea what we had paid for and didn't even say anything or inform us of anything, she was on the phone the whole time we were on the train ride. I paid $75 for the sun set ride which was supposed to be for 1.5hrs, she took us around the track and then said the horses want to go back and we were back to the she's in 30mins. At the end it was the worst experience I had during my stay and just ruined it for us both. I would not recommend this place to anyone and I would never ever visit this place ever again. Worst people and the biggest rip off.

Visited July 2014
5 Thank Mayu1

Sydney, Australia
“Good first experience on horses... could be better though.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

Other reviewers are correct - Not sure how well they do treat their horses. At the very start we were advised that we are to keep a certain distance away from the other horses and if they are to get too close then they can become aggressive which I found interesting as a friend told me that when she went on a trail ride they could walk beside each other?

Some of the staff were ok but one in particular (who assisted me in getting on and off) was pretty rude - but it might just be the way he usually is, i don't know. Being a first time rider, I expected to be taught what to do but funnily enough I was not and when I would do something wrong (because I was not advised how to do it), the manner in which he spoke was one of frustration. All I was taught was how to stop after he helped turn the horse. Luckily for me, I had watched how the other staff were teaching the other people. Being with a lot of the other beginners, it seemed like we weren't allowed to do anything other than walk in a straight line (a trail ride) even though the sheet that they made us fill in asked whether we are hoping to trot, canter and gallop - seems like they don't read the sheets so seems pointless.

In saying this, the views were great! Going on a sunset ride the kangaroos were out which was pretty cool. Also, luckily for me my horse Connie was a playful horse and seemed to like going fast to my amusement and ended up cantering at a point which was fun but stopped when it was getting too close to the horse in front.

If you are the owner and have taken the time to read this review then from a business perspective, I think you have amazing land with some great views and wildlife roaming around but you're service level just needs improvement. Just my 2 cents.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“The worst experience ever. do not come here!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

Unorganised - took almost 1 hour to get us on horses.

Staff were extremely rude and obnoxious

Horses were being treated very cruely. Being yelled at and smacked in the face

We were told if the horses got to close to each other they will become aggressive and fight

Just as we were about to take off it started to rain. As first time ridders we wanted to get off as we were affraid for our safety
and was told by another experienced rider that the
rain will makore aggressive.
Staff did not care about our safety and rudely said if we get off we won't be receiving a refund.
We got off the horses and left without riding

6 Thank NissyD
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“90 minutes with the fun police”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2014

My family and I are experienced horse riders and enjoy getting out for a ride when we are on holidays.
What a shock we had when we visited this place recently.

They made us wait, we're rude, obnoxious and surly.

They gave us a lame horse and tried to stop us from doing more than slow walking. I felt like I spent $75 per head (even for under 10's) for not much more than a pony ride at the fair!

I cannot believe that the owners of this business have any interest in providing a fun experience and are only interested in making money.

Imagine the beautiful lunch we could have had if we decided not to be the subjects of rude behaviour and a dreary pony ride!

My advice - don't bother.

6 Thank Neil H
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Do not patronize this business - they mistreat the horses & their clients.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

This is the worst example of using horses for profit with no regard for their quality of life. The staff are also rude to their clients, and provide terrible (cruel) instructions like "yank on the horses mouth to stop!"

8 Thank HeatherJ224