Grand Mercure The Vintage Hunter Valley
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Tonic Hotel(Pokolbin)
Tower Lodge(Pokolbin)
  • Pool
Oaks Cypress Lakes Resort(Pokolbin)
  • Pool
All reviewsbedroom apartmentgolf clubgolf courseheated poollock up garagehunter valleyinternal accesswashing machine and dryermodern kitchenself caterdining tableremote controlseparate showeranother coupletwo couplesgolf triplounge room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Second stay at The Vintage and again impressed. Very comfortable 2 bedroom apartment with baths in both bedrooms. Comfortable living area with fireplace and dining table and two balconies to sip wine with your cheese overlooking Golf course. Only complaint is that wish the spas could be warmer including pool (is winter though). Electrical fault in room resulted in flickering lights but room maintenance or the line to call maintenance closed at 5:00 - frustrating.

Room Tip: rooms can either overlook pool or out onto the greenery - i prefer the greenery which is a little more private
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Vizy2013
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Nicely appointed comfortable apartments across the road from the golf club
We were in an upstairs 2 bedroom apartment that had 2 decks, one with a view over the golf course, the other looked over the road to the golf club. Could see the hot air balloons flying over in the early morning
Apartment perfect for 2 couples
Both bathrooms had baths and separate showers
Full kitchen, but could've done with a coffee plunger
There was a communal BBQ but it didn't look like a nice place to stay and eat, so we never used it
Small heated pool as part of the complex, but when we explored the golf club facilities towards the end of our stay, discovered that their pool was much better. Golf club facilities were available free to Grand Mercure guests
Had an evening meal at the golf club, very nice and nice to be able to walk over rather than drive
Secure garage for the car
Wifi free but hopeless is an understatement
Good location to explore the Hunter Valley from

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank 01foodie
Reviewed 16 June 2014

This was our second trip to the The Vintage, having enjoyed a June long weekend there a few years ago. My wife and I always go away for the long weekend to celebrate our anniversary, always seeking a cosy place with a log fire and a hot bath. We found the main light above the dining table as well as all kitchen bench lights not working, a fire was installed but not yet commissioned, a lack of kitchen utensils (although they were provided each time we requested them), the washing machine flooded the floor when trying to operate it, the phone was continually flashing as the batteries had leaked into the phone - oh, and our "luxurious bathroom" was a large wheelchair-friendly shower and curtain as it was a special disabilities room. They are all small things but they all add up to ruin a perfect weekend. We don't think the staff were all that caring to rectify the situation. It seemed like business as usual. All the above electrical and mechanical issues could not be fixed until after we left 3 days later.

Room Tip: Ask if you will be given a room as advertised, with good views and all amenities in working order. Check that the fire has been "commissioned", although it looks as though it has been installed some time ago (it was not gas or electricity - it was a fuel fire).
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SteveO988
Ian M, General Manager at Grand Mercure The Vintage Hunter Valley, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. It is unfortunate that you did not enjoy this stay as much as you have previously and I am genuinely sorry that you feel this way.

We do have a selection of Accessible rooms available here at the hotel and we certainly try to not allocate these rooms unless absolutely necessary. Being the long weekend, this was one of these particular cases so I can understand where you are coming from especially having stayed with us before. The facilities of the room are the same as the other deluxe one bedroom apartments, apart from (as you have mentioned) a bath tub.
The ethanol fireplaces are yet to be certified and as such we do not advertise these as a feature of the rooms. We are expecting this to be rectified in the coming weeks.
Regarding the views, all of our one bedroom apartments are downstairs and do not really offer a view. Instead each of them has their own courtyard which offers a lovely private space to enjoy with your guests.

None of this changes the stay that you had and I certainly would like to make this up to you. Please feel free to contact me when you next have the opportunity to visit the Hunter and I would be more than happy to handle your booking personally.

Ian Muller
Hotel Manager
Grand Mercure The Vintage
imuller@thevintage.com.au

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed here for a wedding in January as it was close to the venue, I booked the two bedroom apartment which was fantastic for 2 couples. The decor was very contemporary, almost new and very clean.

The apartment had everything we could possibly need, the kitchen is very well stocked for cooking and dinning. The living/dining area was very spacious which leads onto a balcony overlooking the golf course, very nice view there were also sun loungers which were great. Bedrooms are very spacious, comfy bed, there is a glass panel that looks through to the bathroom which was an interesting find!

Overall I couldn’t fault our stay, it’s a perfect base for exploring the Hunter wineries and great it there are a few of you.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 00785Kate
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was booked into a one bedroom apartment with a bath. I had rang Mecure Vintage to check during the week prior to staying. They confirmed a bath.
Upon arriving and checking into my one bedroom apartment, to my disappointment and frustration (this was my very first time I had used points in my almost 2 year Accor membership), there was no bath. I rang and spoke to Emma who advised that there were no other rooms available. I was understandably very upset as I had planned an amazing evening for a very cute fireman I met recently. I did mention to Emma that I was extremely disappointed and would bring it up with management on Monday.
Within a few minutes Matt called me to tell me not to unpack. He would make a call and see if he could move me into another apartment from a cancelled booking.
Can I say, the level of service Matt gave me was outstanding. He genuinely facilitated my stay to a level that surpassed my expectations. The calibre and presentation of the apartment surprised and impressed my guest. We were moved to a two bedroom apartment with a glorious bath (which was most welcome at the late hour we utilised it). Unfortunately we didnt get around to using the spa and heated pool but look forward to that another stay. The massage table I had brought also didnt get used. Again, another time.
I would like to thank Matt so so much for the kindness, flexibility and can do attitude he displayed in making my stay a huge success. Thank YOU Matt.

Room Tip: Spoil yourself and get a two bedroom two bathroom apartment. It's AweSoMe !!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple