The apartments have everything you could really need to make your stay comfortable and relaxing. They give you the option to either settle down and cook your own dinner on the BBQ or kitchen, or go out and enjoy the surrounding areas offerings with top class restaurants.
One thing was definitely obvious, and that was the peace and quiet. Usually I stay in hotels and this was an added benefit to staying here. If you are after a peaceful and relaxing holiday, this place can definitely offer that.
The apartment furnishings were great, the place was clean. The bed was amazing! not sure what it was but I slept really well every night. The lock up garage was a nice feature with access straight into the apartment from it.
The location is spot on. During your stay, you are surrounded by the wineries and everything else the Hunter has to offer. For the golf enthusiast, it definitely looked inviting, but unfortunately I was there for work so there was not much time to play.
One great feature is the free internet, if you are there for business. if you didn't bring your own, the reception can easily provide you with a LAN cord to connect to your laptop.
I'll mention two small negatives which I found during my stay, but they are only very minor. The first is the ant problem. I found that if I rinsed my crockery and cutlery in the sink and left them in the sink, and then walked away for about 10 mins, I'd come back to the items covered in small ants. I'm not sure where they came from but this situation happened more than once, so just some advice, make sure you don't leave food scraps or anything food related sitting around otherwise you might have some uninvited guests. The other thing I noticed was the servicing of the apartment. I read that the apartments are only serviced if you are staying 8 days or longer, and even then you have to request it. The place doesn't need servicing everyday, but if you have a big family which produce alot of rubbish, it'd be good to somehow get rid of it to stop the smell (also refer to the ant issue). They only service the place once you have checked out.
I'd definitely stay here again if I was visiting the region, and please don't let the two negatives above put you off this place as it is definitely a piece of paradise in one of the nicest parts of our country.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The luxurious Grand Mercure The Vintage Hunter Valley is situated just 2 hours drive north of Sydney and 30kms west of the heritage city of Maitland. Surrounded by vineyards, the Grand Mercure is located within The Vintage resort and features contemporary two bedroom 4.5 star luxury apartments that have been designed to complement the area's natural environment and prestigious location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Mercure The Vintage Hunter Valley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Mercure The Vintage Hunter Valley Hotel Rothbury
- Mercure Hotel Rothbury
- Grand Mercure The Vintage Hunter Valley Greater Newcastle/Rothbury, Australia