“couldn't agree more!”

Hayeswood Lodge Boutique Bed & Breakfast
Exeter, United Kingdom
“couldn't agree more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2013

We visited Hayeswood Lodge with family and occupied all of the rooms together, there where 8 of us staying there and a 9th member who stayed short distance away in another B and B, after our visit, I spent most of the journey home thinking of what I could write here to express the brilliance that we all experienced, but having just read some of the reviews from other people who have stayed there, I find myself lacking of words that have not already been used! the welcome was very warm, the pot of tea was very welcoming after a long drive up from Devon, Dan even bringing us strawberries from his garden! he also arranged a Taxi for us and when the mini bus could only hold 8 he even offered to follow in his car with my neice who was staying down the road, fantastic service! the rooms where stunningly decorated, and to a standard I have rarely seen, and the breakfast was beautiful too, using quality food to boot, our 5 year old Grandson has made a new friend in Dan and Katies son Issac also, with Dan joining in a game of footy with them on the field next to the cottage, we all felt really special the way we where treated by Dan and Katie but after reading the reviews it would appear they are like this with everyone who stays with them, we too are now looking for a reason to drive up from our home in Paignton to visit them again, just one critisisum though........lol just kidding could not fault hayeswood lodge in any way, fantastic place to stay, go and try it!!

Room Tip: all rooms are of the same high quality, there are two rooms that have ajoining doors, and one of whi...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank IanandSusan1921
Dan H, Owner at Hayeswood Lodge Boutique Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Thank you so much for your generous review. It was an absolute pleasure having you and your family to stay. We had a lot of fun and we very much look forward to seeing you again....soon I hope!! Take care. Dan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

I stayed at Hayeswood lodge for three nights and cannot recommend it highly enough.The rooms are beautifully decorated, very stylish and equipped to a very high standard. The setting was beautiful and I was made to feel very welcome by Dan and Katie. The breakfasts were worth the trip in themselves and I would advise taking the option of the evening meals as they were perfect home-cooked food. The accommodation is on a par with any high quality boutique hotel that I have stayed in, but the welcome, the personal touches, the food and the setting make this far better than a 'hotel experience'. Im looking for an excuse to go back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank SDenley
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013

If I were a B & B inspector I would give Hayeswood Lodge
5 stars for the rooms and food,with an extra one for the level
of welcome and service, which were second to none.
I was pleased to see The Hayeswood had scored excellent
from every reviewer, as they deserve nothing less.
Myself, my husband and our daughter only stayed one night but wished it had been longer.
We came away with lifestyle envy, as the setting is idyllic and huge admiration for what Dan and Katie had achieved. We wish them every success for the future and hope to return one day.
Footnote: If you are a keen golfer there are 5 or 6 golf courses
in the local area, and Hayeswood Lodge is pretty central to them all.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank suesjj
Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

I stayed at Hayeswood Lodge for two nights - my first stay here. The accommodation is first class - individual - stylish - and with everything you could possibly need. Dan and Katie and the rest of the family made me very welcome. So much more than a B&B, with lovely food and in a beautiful setting. I cannot praise this place highly enough, and the only reason I would have for not recommending everyone to stay here is in the faint hope that there might be a vacancy left for me when I am next in the area !!!! I certainly will not be looking any further than Hayeswood Lodge for my next trip to Derbyshire.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2013

We stayed here with 2 other couples a few weekends ago for one night, because we were attending a wedding at the golf course nearby.

The place far exceeded our expectations, Katie and Dan were the perfect hosts and the care and attention to detail they have gone through to make all the rooms so comfortable, from what was just an old barn a couple of years ago is fantastic. They were also very accommodating in allowing us to turn up early to get changed.

Breakfast was superb, and certainly helped with the hangovers!! Great selection as well!

If we are ever back in the area, we will be sure to look this place up to stay again!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013

We have stayed twice at Hayeswood, it really is a beautiful place to stay, Dan and Katie and wonderful , caring hosts, rooms are lovely, beautifully decorated and equipped with much care we have tried two of them so far, gorgeous bed linen, comfy bed. Having a bath and choice of two types of shower is also marvellous.Such a peaceful place with really nice garden to sit in. Breakfast choice really good and Katies home baking is delicious in the form of a little treat left for you to enjoy. A real bonus to us is you can have breakfast in your room if you want to and also the kitchennete so you can prepare something for yourself if you want instead of eating out. We cant really fault it.

Room Tip: They are all lovely, you cant go wrong
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely 4 days staying at Hayeswood Lodge. Our room was beautifully finished and we were given fresh scones on arrival. Dan and Katie were excellent hosts and very friendly. We had a fantastic breakfast each morning, I would recommend staying at Hayeswood for the Blueberry pancakes alone!

Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
#1 of 3 in Matlock Bath
Peak Edge Hotel
Peak Edge Hotel
#1 of 1 in Stonedge

Been to Hayeswood Lodge Boutique Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!